This website uses automated algorithms to estimate job visa eligibility and may be incorrect. We recommend you always check the official Skilled Worker Visa guidelines and seek help from a qualified immigration specialist before applying.
Posted on: 02 August 2022
The role: Accountant
Salary: circa £30,000 dependent on experience and is UK based.
Location: Hybrid working: a mix of working in the London office and remote from home.
Scope: We welcome applications from people interested in seeking a permanent, full-time role as we are growing. Fast.
We are Public Digital, a digital transformation consultancy and we help global institutions that matter thrive in the internet era. We apply the culture, processes, business models and technologies to help teams build and run excellent services. Working with the leaders doing strategy, and the teams doing delivery, we operate globally, advising large organisations and governments on six continents.
We’re values-driven and we articulated them in our 'positions’ on the Public Digital website.
Attitude, as much as skill, is critically important to us as a team and we look for entrepreneurialism, initiative, kindness, and a willingness to pitch in. Our theory of change is: Digital. Teams. Work.
- We are looking for an Accountant to help us organise and evolve - be that the admin, monthly analysis, business partnering or other ad-hoc (of which, there can be a lot!). Working with our Finance Business Partner, you’d be responsible for the day-to-day operations, with numerous opportunities to get involved with the ongoing development of the function and wider business. This is a key role, with a bit of everything thrown in.
What you’ll do for us:
- We’re a hands-on small company, so everyone gets involved in a bit of everything. A key part of the role is the Financial operations - raising a small number of monthly sales invoices, posting purchase invoices, payment runs, and so on.
- Assisting the Finance Business Partner with the FP&A - cost allocations to sectors and clients, travel analysis for direct cost/rechargeable, revenue accruals/deferrals, month end analytical reviews and the ongoing development of Management Information.
- Support the business in implementing appropriate financial controls and approvals for the size of business and ensure that the business is ready for audit at the end of the financial year.
- Client work and tracking - assist in pricing analysis of engagements, and ensuring we are appropriately tracking time, comparing actuals against forecast and blended rate calculations. Client and sector reporting for sector leads.
- Work collaboratively within Google Workspace across all aspects of financial data and information.
- Analysing data from Harvest to include operational and financial metrics.
What we’re looking for:
- Can do attitude, initiative and the drive to enable continuous improvement in Finance workings and processes. Someone who likes a challenge.
- Collaborative and agile working style.
- High levels of integrity when dealing with sensitive and business critical information.
- A part-qualified accountant, either ACA, ACCA or CIMA; or qualified by prior experience. Ability to demonstrate financial administration experience, with desire for personal growth into FP&A space.
- Ideally a background that has included professional services or consultancy, or a role that has involved time-based billings.
- Attention to detail and excellent levels of accuracy.
- Experience working with time management systems (Harvest) and cloud-based accounting systems (Xero), as well as Google Workspace and Excel (preferably able to use 'vlookups’ and create pivot tables, though a desire to learn would be acceptable).
- Ability to work in a multi currency customer and Group environment.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to grow and progress rapidly within an engaged, supportive environment.
- Be entrepreneurial and contribute to the growth and success of Public Digital.
- Focus on enabling people to deliver high-impact work with leading institutions around the world.
- Be empowered to do your best job.
- Home and remote working, flexibility in how you deliver work.
- Focus on learning, development and progression.
- Ability to build and develop your expertise and profile through publishing blog posts, presenting at events and sharing knowledge and experience.
- Buddy system and prioritised mental health.
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Private healthcare.
How we get to know you
We review all applications on the basis of your answers to the sift questions on our Be Applied. As a blind sift, we do not shortlist on the basis of your CV so your responses are critical and will determine whether you progress to the next stage of selection.
We would like to understand your background, attitudes, experiences and your motivation in wanting to work with us. We typically do this through a:
- Phone interview up to 30 minutes.
- Panel interview, which includes a case study sent to you in advance.
- An informal meeting chat with a peer.
Closing date for applications: Friday 12th August 2022
To apply for the role of Accountant, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Let’s check all mandatory rules is applied?
Please note that UKHIRED LTD is not registered to provide any immigration advice. Information on our website is taken from the public domain source and therefore might be inaccurate at times. We recommend you always check the official Skilled Worker guidelines available on gov.uk and seek help from a qualified immigration specialist. Our content does not constitute legal advice and is provided for general information purposes only.