This website uses automated algorithms to estimate job visa eligibility and may be incorrect. We recommend you always check the official Skilled Worker Visa guidelines and seek help from a qualified immigration specialist before applying.
Posted on: 26 May 2023
About the Team
The Finance team is a team of 10 and comprises: Financial Controller, Senior Management Accountant, Assistant management Accountant, 3 x Accounts Assistant, Senior accounts payable, and Payroll Administrator, Credit Control Manager, Credit Controller.
The role will be integrated with our existing accounts payable team, which is responsible for all areas of the purchase ledger as well as all bank transactions. The role will report to our senior management accounts and will work closely with the senior accounts payable and accounts assistant. We are looking for a dedicated, driven individual with high attention to detail and is numerate and driven by accuracy. Communication is extremely important in this role, which will interact daily with both internal and external stakeholders of the firm. Being part of a smaller finance team, collaboration with other team members and other areas of the finance team is important.
• Review expense claims on the firm’s online web portal (webexpenses), validating against expenses policy and
• Processing expenses on accounting system, once validated, and prepare daily reconciliation of expenses reports with
the accounting system.
• Respond to queries from employees and follow up where required or escalate queries with senior management
accounts or financial controller.
• Process Employee payments runs monthly.
• Monitor and manage generic accounts payable and finance inboxes and ensure that there is an average replying
turnaround of 48 hours.
• Register supplier invoices on the purchase order system, distribute them to expenditure approvers and follow up
when required to obtain approval.
• Send register invoices report on weekly basis to budget holders.
• Processing of supplier invoices in the accounting system once approved, validating information on the invoice,
ensuring transactions are recorded accurately and in a timely manner and maintaining invoice approvals and
• Work closely with senior accounts payable in collating all incoming purchase invoices approved from budget holders
and processing them in the system, as indicated above.
• Cover for senior accounts payable when required and process supplier payment runs if required.
• Set up accounts’ payable transaction payments on payment platforms (Barcalys.net)
• Process Ad hoc payment requests
• Process payments and direct debits transactions
• Assist and cover cash receipts postings.
• Support senior accounts payable with invoice analysis and reports e.g. aged reports, payment schedules
• A minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience in a purchase ledger role, with a focus on expenses, invoices, and
• Strong knowledge of purchase ledger processes, including invoice validation, reconciliation, and payment processing.
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to work with numerical data accurately.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, to interact with internal and external stakeholders.
• Proactive problem-solving abilities, with a focus on identifying and resolving issues in a timely manner.
• A self-motivated and team-oriented individual with a strong work ethic.
• A commitment to maintaining confidentiality and integrity when handling sensitive financial information.
• Accounting qualification (e.g. AAT) desirable but not essential
• Medium Excel skills
Salary and benefits
• Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
• Performance related staff profit share scheme
• 26 days’ holiday per year (full time amount), plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year.
• Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
• Life and Accident insurance
• Group income protection scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• Critical Illness Cover
• Wellbeing Allowance
• Access to Peppy for you and your partner
• 1 paid volunteering day per year to help give back to our local communities.
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
• Employee assistance programme
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after passing probation.
Alongside our competitive compensation and benefits package we offer all our staff the ongoing opportunities to learn and develop, through in-house CPD sessions, further education support as well as internal and external training programmes. Gerald Eve encourage pro-bono work and volunteering as well as regular social and sporting activities to engage with all your colleagues.
Our hybrid working policy outlines staff to be in the office for 3 days per week, with 2 days working from home. In our London offices, our desk booking app allows you to plan ahead, and book your desk up to 3 weeks ahead. We also offer great flexibility around our core hours, which are from 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. You can choose to start and end your day around these hours, provided you still do your 7.25 hours per day (e.g. 8.00 am - 4.30pm, 10.00 am - 6.30 pm). There is no requirement for this to be the same each day, but you are required to keep your manager informed. This position also involves out of hours working on an 'as necessary’ basis. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements for everyone; this can be discussed during the application process or upon commencement.
Let’s check all mandatory rules is applied?
Please note that UKHIRED LTD is not registered to provide any immigration advice. Information on our website is taken from the public domain source and therefore might be inaccurate at times. We recommend you always check the official Skilled Worker guidelines available on gov.uk and seek help from a qualified immigration specialist. Our content does not constitute legal advice and is provided for general information purposes only.