Salary: £41,000 - £54,000 depending on skills and experience
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time, 37 hours | Flexible Working options available
About the Department
Transmission operates under licence as Scottish Hydro Electric (SHE) Transmission plc, responsible for the transmission of electricity in the north of Scotland. We own and maintain the 132kV, 275kV and 400kV electricity transmission network in our licence area. Our network comprises of underground cables, overhead wooden poles, steel towers and electricity substations, and it extends over a quarter of the UK land mass across some of its most challenging terrain.
What is the Role?
We are currently recruiting for an Asset Information & Systems Engineer to join the SHE Transmission Asset Management team. This role will be primarily responsible for providing accurate data and system enhancement to support key business decisions and regulatory reporting.
You will deliver value and contribute to the overall operational excellence of the business. This will require a practical approach combining effective and efficient technical advice and the accurate review and reporting of historical records from which you will be required to undertake thorough and detailed interpretation and analysis to ensure that the right information is provided to the internal and external stakeholders at the right time.
Some of the duties are listed below, but are not limited to:
- Assist in developing Transmission's Asset Data Information Model standards and requirements.
- Provide continuous support to the Asset Management team for developing and delivering complete and comprehensive Asset Information and data governance processes.
- Ensure accurate and complete data and information exchange among various stakeholders across various platforms and reporting tools such as Maximo, Vault, GIS and Regulatory Reporting and Benchmarking.
- Assist in developing Asset Management Information Requirements, analyse and assure quality of new and existing as-built information, records and databases. Review and update asset data as required.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure Asset Data integration and data suitability with regards to the Asset Information Model.
- Develop and maintain asset location and specifications for Maximo and maintain Transmission's asset register.
- Provide support to implement BIM for both new and existing assets.
What do I need?
Degree in relevant discipline
IT and Data Systems Background
Experience in asset management
Appreciating organisational drivers as well as those of individual stakeholders
An excellent report writing ability
Experience dealing with Regulatory bodies and requirements
Ability to work independently or as part of a team
Knowledge and understanding of Asset Management principles is essential.
Previous experience in Asset Management is essential.
Significant experience in technical/ business writing and documentation.
Experience in asset management IT systems
Awareness of PAS55 and ISO 55000 documentation
Experience in managing and delivering projects and expectations
Project management skills
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Click here to find out what else is on offer.
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require to submit your application please get in touch. We'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.