This website uses automated algorithms to estimate job visa eligibility and may be incorrect. We recommend you always check the official Skilled Worker Visa guidelines and seek help from a qualified immigration specialist before applying.
Posted on: 02 August 2022
Business & Finance Manager
The Head of School is seeking a well-qualified, innovative and inspiring new Business and Finance Manager to take a strategic role in managing the Academy’s budget, balance sheet and facilities team.
You will join the senior leadership team supporting the Head of School in driving the Academy forward, you will have the necessary 'can-do’ attitude combined with a passion to 'get the job done’. This is a very exciting time for the school and its journey towards becoming a "world class" Academy. The successful candidate will gain a wealth of experience, including working alongside an experienced and successful Leadership Team, many of whom have had experience working in London schools and for large national academy chains.
· Manage the day-to-day business and financial accounts of the Academy
· Advise the Head of School (and Executive Principal) on all business and financial position, process, legislation and concerns in a timely manner
· To line-manage the site manager and support him/her in ensuring rigorous day-to-day procedures are put in place. To schedule and accompany the site manager on regular site walks.
· Monitor assess and review contractual obligations for outsourced services at an academy level. To report all unresolved contractual concerns to the Trust Facilities Manager.
· Ensure ancillary services such as catering, cleaning and site-maintenance are monitored effectively on a day-to-day academy basis
· To work with and support the Lettings Manager in attracting external organisations to hire the premises outside of academy hours.
· To meet regularly (fortnightly) with the Trust Facilities Manager regarding operational matters including any emergency protocols in the event of structural or mechanical failures
· To manage the academy’s day-to-day budgetary control. To report and advise the Head of School (and Executive Principal) on financial expenditure and commitments against non-pay and pay budgets.
· Ensure the Head of School has all the required financial information to make informed decisions on the day-to-day running of the academy
· To attend senior leadership team (SLT) meetings to ensure leaders are aware of the business and financial position and to ensure that the financial implications of actions are considered
· Ensure efficient and effective process is implemented for the collection and banking of cash and cash equivalents at the academy.
· To work with and support the Financial Controller in producing a long-term financial plan.
· In consultation with trust and academy leaders, you will support the preparation of the academy’s annual budget for approval by the Trustees
· To monitor income and expenditure in relation to budgets and to support the preparation of reports for the Chief Operating Officer to present to the Trust Board
· To advise (at an academy level) on compliance with the Trust’s Financial Regulations and Academies’ Financial Handbook and ensuring earmarked funds (e.g. Pupil Premium) are ring-fenced, spent and recorded appropriately
· To provide budget holders with monthly updates of their accounts and advise them on matters relating to their budget/s.
· To assist the trust finance team in the preparation for the annual external audit, liaising with all parties involved.
· Ensure credit card payments are made and reconciliations are carried out in conjunction with Trust procedures
· Support with income and sponsorship generation opportunities for the academy including the preparation of applications and bids.
· To be responsible for ensuring all overtime and expense forms are approved and are collated in the appropriate format and to ensure they are sent to the Trust Payroll Manager within the relevant timescales.
· Providing advice and guidance to budget holders and other users with the use of the on-line financial software (PS Financials) and the raising of purchase orders
· To report all matters of financial non-compliance with TSLT’s Financial Regulations or the AFH directly to the trust’s Chief Operating Officer
· In conjunction with the Financial Controller, review the school’s charging policy on an annual basis and make recommendations as appropriate.
· Work closely with Human Resources to ensure that current and predicted staffing costs are accurate
· Support the academy in bid funding to external agencies
· Support with the effective administration of the academy as requested
· Supporting and encouraging the school’s ethos and its objectives, policies and procedures.
The postholder will be required to work closely with the central trust finance team on a weekly basis to ensure policy and procedures are followed and reporting is consistent across the trust. Regular meetings will be required with the Financial Controller (and Chief Operating Officer) to enable the production of consolidated management accounts and long-term budget planning.
The Successful Candidate
· Educated to degree level
· Accountancy or financial management qualification
· Good attention to detail.
· Sound financial Knowledge.
· Calm under pressure.
· Ability to line manage and oversee different teams.
· Experience of working in a school (desirable)
· Hard working
· Good sense of Humour
Start Date 1st Sept 2022 or following notice period
Salary NJC M4 40-42 £44,624-£46,662 dependent on actual experience
Job Role Full time, permanent
The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the deadline date.
Let’s check all mandatory rules is applied?
Please note that UKHIRED LTD is not registered to provide any immigration advice. Information on our website is taken from the public domain source and therefore might be inaccurate at times. We recommend you always check the official Skilled Worker guidelines available on gov.uk and seek help from a qualified immigration specialist. Our content does not constitute legal advice and is provided for general information purposes only.