31 days ago
Deadline: 26 April 2021
🚫 You do not have enough points for a Skilled Worker visa
Please note that we are using automated algorithms to check visa rules and may sometimes be wrong.
This information does not constitute legal advice and is provided for general information purposes only.
Business Development Director
Photocentric Ltd based in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire and US is an award-winning manufacturer of 3D printers and resins. With our uniquely different attitude to manufacturing photopolymer and 3D printing, our innovative company is rapidly growing and as a result we are now on the search for a talented Business Development Director who is technical and ideally from an engineering or manufacturing background. This would suit a person with an interest in 3D printing or injection moulding to join our management team based in our HQ in Peterborough.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an outstanding person who is capable of creating a new industry in the mass manufacture of 3D printed parts. You will be an experienced sales professional with the ability to discuss the material properties of plastics, their part specifications in the language that multi-national companies understand. You will be experienced working with blue-chip manufacturing industries and equally conversant talking at board level as with purchasers, engineers and product specifiers.
Responsibilities of our Business Development Director include:
- Work with manufacturers to identify suitable elements of their product range that are ideal for printing instead of moulding.
- Advise companies on how to introduce custom mass manufacture into their business.
- Work with our engineers and chemists to develop the printed products optimised for these specific industrial applications and then guide the NPD process.
- Create new customer user storied and product case studies for our marketing team.
- Gain detailed knowledge of our 3D printing products and their applications.
- Become expert in product applications within varied industries such as; automotive, eye wear, foot wear, luxury goods packaging, games figurines, aeronautical, dentistry, high value-added manufacturing, investment casting, F1 etc.
- Provide technical assistance to distributors and key account end users.
- Structure large deals with fully costed arguments.
- Lead the technical direction of the business and contribute to product development strategy.
Skills and Experience required of our Business Development Director:
- Business Development - demonstrate new business generation and sustained success in previous roles.
- Proven success in holding similar position such as a sales director, senior sales or business development director.
- Hugely successful in securing large business/orders.
- Outstanding persuasive and negotiation skills.
- Experienced in export sales.
- Injection moulding industry background preferred, but not essential.
- Engineering and/or highly technically minded.
- Knowledge of 3D printing an advantage.
- Commercial acumen and deal making skills and driven to deliver results.
- Ability to build strong business relationships with customers and distributors.
- Material and property knowledge.
- Degree in material science or engineering an advantage.
- Ideally be able to commute to Peterborough on a daily basis, but will consider partly working from home for the right candidate.
If you would like to join our growing team and feel that you have the necessary skills and experience to become our Business Development Director please click ‘apply’ now! We would love to hear from you.