Posted on: 11 June 2021
We're continuing to adapt to the unprecedented circumstances brought about by COVID-19.
Wherever possible, all interviews, assessments and background checks will take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact.
Capita colleagues are only permitted to work from one of our offices where there is an essential reason for them to do so.
Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19.
The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we're doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.
Becoming a Business Service Manager with Capita Local Government
Location: Multi-location, home-based and The Grange, Chichester, PO19 1Rh
Salary: £32k - £39.5k, dependant on skills, experience and qualifications
Working hours: 37.5 hours, Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm
Our world class Local Government Services team supports local councils to improve outcomes and focus on what matters in their communities. We care about helping local councils to transform and make every penny matter to ensure front line services are protected as part of their citizens charter to ensure that people live and prosper.
We're now seeking a Business Service Manager to join the team. You will be
responsible for the overall provision of an administrative service delivery to a diverse range of clients; ensuring supply meets demand levels within budget and within context of Service Level Agreements. The postholder will also be responsible for ensuring a high quality service is provided, meeting agreed service and performance levels and standards. Additionally, taking the lead of specific service related projects as agreed.
Accountable for managing a specific customer focused, support function and ensuring that support resources are deployed flexibly, effectively, and efficiently across a diverse client base. You will translate business and directorate strategies into service provision policy and ensure that the service provision is monitored and effective.
What you'll be doing:
• Accountable for managing the overall effective delivery of an administrative service to a range of clients, through a variable and flexible resource, whilst ensuring high standards of services. This will include monitoring and reviewing the effectiveness of the service, delivery through performance indicators and business activity (including complaints) and ensuring all necessary quality and service (local or national) standards are met and there is alignment with business strategies.
• To represent the Admin Shared Support Service at local management teams, in order to understand the current and charging client requirements and contribute into the decision making process on relevant topics.
• Accountable for reviewing, long-term planning and recommending changes to and gaining approval for systems, processes, procedures and practices, which may shape current and future service provision, priorities, and resource requirements and ensure business continuity.
• Accountable for the efficient, effective and sustainable deployment of resources including budget, staffing and equipment in order to meet the varied and conflicting needs of the business served.
• To develop and maintain effective relationships with managers or partners in the business area or in connection with specialist area, including acting as complaints officer. Preparing, developing and delivering advice, guidance and training.
• Accountable for an agreed very large budget, including committing expenditure, ensuring effective spend and contributing to budget setting and monitoring.
• Responsible for the line management of a very large flexible pool of staff and casuals based in a variety of locations to deliver an effective service, ensuring targets are set and monitored and the varied needs of clients are met.
• Responsible for contributing to Unit and Directorate service strategic plans and priorities for determining Team (Shared Support Service) priorities.
• Developing and securing effective partnerships with internal and external services and organisations to provide an effective and efficient service, often this will entail persuading others of the value and benefits of the administrative shared support service and persuading supervisors and managers to use the service effectively.
What we're looking for
• Demonstrable evidence of managing a successful and viable service provision to a range of clients, within resources
• Experience of translating business strategies into operational policy and procedure and delivering outcomes
• Demonstrable successful experience of managing a large and diverse team
• Experience of managing and setting budgets effectively to deliver a service within available resources
• Demonstrable experience of applying data protection, freedom of information and health & safety legislation to a range of cases
• Sound and accurate IT knowledge
• Post Graduate Diploma in Management Studies or equivalent management qualification is desirable, but not essential
What's in it for you?
• A great basic salary
• 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
• The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
• Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks
• Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
• Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
• Opportunity to work from home
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita's offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we're doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
Let’s check all mandatory rules is applied?
Please note that we are using automated algorithms to check visa rules and may sometimes be wrong. Information on this page does not constitute legal advice and is provided for general information purposes only.