The Priory Hospital Church Village is a 12 bed locked rehabilitation service, providing treatment for females aged 18-65 years with a learning disability and additional mental health diagnosis including personality disorders. Most of our patients are detained under the Mental Health Act.
An opportunity has come up for you to join our friendly multidisciplinary team of staff including Consultant Psychiatrist, Occupational Therapist, Assistant Psychologist,Mental Health and learning Disability Nurses.
The role involves
• Undertaking specialist structured, semi-structured and standardised psychological assessments
• Developing specialist psychological formulations based on assessments
• Formulating plans for patients’ psychological treatment
• Implementing specialist psychological interventions for individuals and groups
• Working autonomously within professional guidelines and the overall framework of the Hospital’s policies and procedures.
• Providing support to staff in the form of reflective practice groups, and staff training.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is registered with the HCPC as a practitioner psychologist
• Has some experience of working with learning disabilities or behaviours that challenge, or a real desire to develop in this area.
• Has training in clinical and psychological psychometrics
• Is able to use Dialectical Behavioral techniques (DBT), of be willing to undertake further training in this approach.
Has had training in the use of Positive Behavioral Support (PBS), or be willing to undertake further training.
• Has skills in individual and group work and in programme planning.
• Has skills in the use of complex methods of psychological assessment to inform the psychological formulation and intervention.
• Has well developed skills in the ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, complex, highly technical and / or clinically sensitive information
• Has some experience of representing psychology within the context of multi-disciplinary care.
What we can offer:
• The opportunity to work with a friendly, dedicated team
• A competitive salary
• Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
• Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing with length if service.( pro rated)
• Birthday off as leave
• Online benefits and cashback rewards
• Cycle to work scheme
• SMART Pension options
• Monthly staff wellbeing initiative
As one of the UK’s leading providers of behavioural care and specialist support services to adults and young people, Priory Group promise a challenging and fulfilling career with the support of a world class organisation willing to invest in your development.
Across our network of hospitals, residential care homes, education facilities and supported living services, we are making a real and lasting difference to the lives of the people we support.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Group will cover the cost of a DBS check.