Priory Group is the leading healthcare provider for mental health services in the UK with an established track record of delivering high-quality clinical care. The Priory Hospital Southampton is part of the Priory group offering outpatient, day care and inpatient treatment for a wide range of mental health difficulties. The hospital is located in Marchwood on the outskirts of Southampton and comprises 40 inpatient beds across three wards.
Sandpiper Ward: This is an acute admissions unit comprising 17 beds. Skylark Ward: 11 bedded specialist eating disorders unit
Kingfisher Ward: 12 bedded CAMHS inpatient unit
The hospital has well established multidisciplinary team across all three wards that includes consultants, specialty doctors, nurses, occupational therpaists, psychologists, social workers, therapists and dietitian.
The hospital provides a combination of NHS funded and private care and has been rated as “Good” in recent CQC inspection with “outstanding” rating in the” caring” domain.
This is 0.9 WTE substantive post that includes 0.7 WTE for skylark ward and 0.2 WTE for sandpiper ward. We will consider 0.7 WTE appointment for the right candidate who has preference for working in syklark ward only.
Responsibilities of the role are as follows:
1. Receive and respond promptly to referrals undertaking assessments to determine and plan an effective therapy programme for assigned clients using appropriate and relevant treatments, activities and interventions.
2. Facilitate individual and group therapy sessions within the given field of therapy ensuring activities and interventions continue to meet the needs of the client, and are consistent with the provisions detailed in the client’s therapy plan.
3. Manage an assigned caseload within agreed timescales ensuring regular interaction and communication with clients, professional colleagues and clinical staff.
4. Identify, evaluate and implement new and improved methods, techniques and interventions based upon best practice and evidence based research.
5. Maintain accurate and up-to-date records in the form of case notes, case files, clinical reports, computerised information systems and other associated documentation presenting and sharing relevant information and knowledge concerning assigned clients with professional and clinical colleagues at regular MDT meetings.
Support for the Post holder
1. The post holder would be supported by 0.5WTE assistant psychologist for the skylark role
2. Priory supports continuing professional development and access to study leave with associated expenses is available via centrally allocated budget and approval system.
Other Job Benefits
1. The post holder will have 25 days of annual leave with additional bank holidays.
2. Priory offers a number of benefits for employees including:
a. A competitive salary
b. Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
c. Online benefits and cashback rewards
d. Cycle to work scheme
e. Just Drive scheme
f. SMART Pension option
For any queries regarding the application process or to arrange an informal discussion about the post, please contact Jennifer Barnor, HR advisor on 023 8084 004 or Jenniferbarnor@priorygroup.com. Dr Kaleem Baig, Medical Director or Kate Brooker, Hospital Director would be happy to address any queries.
The successful candidate will be required to apply for a disclosure at the enhanced level from the Disclosure and Barring Services. Further information can be obtained from www.dbs.gov.uk. Priory Group will cover the cost of a DBS check for all successful applicants. We are an equal opportunities employer.
How to apply
Please apply online. You can send us a CV in addition to the online application as well.
Many thanks for your interest and we look forward to receiving your application.
As one of the UK’s leading providers of behavioural care and specialist support services to adults and young people, Priory Group promise a challenging and fulfilling career with the support of a world class organisation willing to invest in your development.
Across our network of hospitals, residential care homes, education facilities and supported living services, we are making a real and lasting difference to the lives of the people we support.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Group will cover the cost of a DBS check.