25 days ago
Deadline: 12 April 2021
🚫 You do not have enough points for a Skilled Worker visa
Please note that we are using automated algorithms to check visa rules and may sometimes be wrong.
This information does not constitute legal advice and is provided for general information purposes only.
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Nationally significant and focused on a fair and equal society, we are the LGBT Foundation, a charity supporting the needs of people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender.
Serving over 40,000 people each and every year, we provide information to a further 200,000 individuals online, making us one of the most significant charities of our kind in the UK. We help all LGBT people to achieve their full potential and aim to be 'here if you need us’, living by our hashtag #EqualityWins.
We’re now looking for a Communications Manager to take the lead on our marketing and communications to support getting our message, story and work out there!
- £32,702 per annum (pay review pending)
- Generous leave allowance (25 days’ annual leave rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service)
- Sector leading 10% employers’ contributory pension
- Your birthday as a day’s leave
- Staff counselling scheme
- Cycle to Work / Technology Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Office 'buddy’ scheme for all new starters
- Free annual flu jab
- Free VDU eye care test
- Staff social budget
- Dedicated training budget for each member of staff & support with Personal Development Plans
- Flexible working to support a healthy work / life balance (including time off in lieu and flexi-time)
- Relaxed dress code
This is a visible and involved role that is at the forefront of ensuring our messaging, work and coverage is communicated to the communities we serve. You will have the opportunity to make a real impact on the two-way dialogue between LGBT Foundation and our communities on a day-to-day basis.
Internally, we’ve worked hard to make LGBT Foundation an amazing place to work and last year we were certified as a Gold Investors In People organisation. Your role will help us to continue to enable our people to thrive which in turn will help our organisation to succeed. As our organisation succeeds, equality wins.
We’ve been around for five decades and have seen much change during our time. From the decriminalisation of homosexuality, the rise of AIDS and HIV (and the inspirational response from LGBT communities), to the introduction of Civil Partnerships and most recently same-sex marriage equality. And we are not close to finishing.
So, if you are ready to take on a career-defining role with our world-leading organisation as we break new ground in equality, support more people than ever before and provide an industry-leading working environment, this is the role for you.
As the Communications Manager, you will lead and drive LGBT Foundation’s marketing and communications strategy and workstreams, ensuring consistently high-quality and creative campaigns across all campaigns.
You will get stuck in from the get-go with our media, online and social media presence; you will be able to maximise all opportunities that are presented to us to maximise the impact we make as an organisation.
Furthermore, you will be responsible for the following: Communications Co-ordinator, Digital Engagement Officer, Designer, Freelance designers, videographers and creatives, communications and marketing volunteers.
To be considered as the Communications Manager, you will need:
- Experience of building effective relationships and partnerships with external organisations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to identify and exploit key
messages and translate these into effective communication with smart audience targeting - Experience of leading and managing a sector leading team
- Experience of using your excellent media contacts to generate powerful media coverage in
line with a comms strategy
- Demonstrable experience of delivering successful communications campaigns that increase share of voice, generate cut through and create positive sentiment
- Experience of designing, developing and delivering low or no-cost marketing campaigns
- Excellent knowledge of all major communications and social media channels
Other organisations may call this role Comms Manager, Comms Officer, Communications Officer, Communications Lead, Marcomms Manager, Marcomms Lead, Marcomms Officer, Marketing & Communications Manager, Marketing & Communications Officer, or Marketing & Communications Lead.
We are taking positive action to encourage applications from people of colour (PoC) and other racially minoritised communities, trans, non-binary and/or older people (aged 50+), to improve the representation of colleagues from these communities in our leadership team.
Trans is an umbrella and inclusive term used to describe people whose gender identity differs in some way from that which they were assigned at birth; including non-binary people, cross dressers and those who partially or incompletely identify with their sex assigned at birth.
The closing date for this role is 9am Monday, 12th April 202.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Communications Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.