This website uses automated algorithms to estimate job visa eligibility and may be incorrect. We recommend you always check the official Skilled Worker Visa guidelines and seek help from a qualified immigration specialist before applying.
Posted on: 07 September 2023
Our Legal and Compliance Team plays a vital role in safeguarding Gerald Eve and ensuring the firm's compliance with its legal and regulatory requirements. We are passionate about our role in upholding our standards. Driven by a shared sense of responsibility, we promote a culture of compliance throughout the organization, fostering a collaborative environment where every team member understands and embraces their role in maintaining legal and regulatory standards. Our mission is to provide accurate and timely guidance, offering expert assistance that empowers our stakeholders to make well-informed and commercially viable decisions that not only ensure regulatory compliance, but that align with our clients' needs.
As a CDD Analyst within our Legal and Compliance Team, your expertise will be vital in conducting Know Your Customer (KYC) and Customer Due Diligence (CDD) assessments and effectively onboarding clients and suppliers.
Reporting to our Compliance Manager, you will work closely with our other analysts and our fee-earning teams, providing expert advice and guidance on CDD-related issues, and contributing to our firm's regulatory compliance while delivering commercially viable solutions. Knowledge of the Money Laundering Regulations 2017, Proceeds of Crime Act 2002, Terrorism Act 2000, and the Criminal Finance Act 2017 and their application for CDD and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) purposes is required. You will be responsible for staying up-to-date with the latest regulations and ensuring compliance with the relevant legislation in all CDD processes. Excellent communication skills are essential, as you will be required to provide verbal and written advice in a timely, clear, and concise manner to both internal and external clients. Articulating complex CDD and AML concepts in an accessible way will be a significant aspect of your role, ensuring that all stakeholders understand the compliance requirements and the rationale behind them.
In addition to communication skills, you must possess excellent analytical abilities. The role includes facilitating the CDD onboarding process, which involves reviewing documentation and making risk-based decisions in accordance with established procedures.
• On-boarding new clients, customers and suppliers, including sanctions screening and monitoring in accordance with our established policies and procedures.
• Conduct thorough CDD assessments on clients and counterparties, including sanctions, PEPs, adverse media screening and source of funds analyses.
• Apply technical knowledge of onboarding less complex entity types such as individuals and simple private limited
companies but must also have technical knowledge on more complex overseas limited companies, trusts, funds and
Limited Partnership structures
• Proactively obtain relevant information from third-party sources and liaising with internal and external stakeholders as necessary to obtain further information where we are not able to obtain the required information from third-party
• Provide CDD and AML support to commercial teams, liaising regularly with stakeholders, attending WIP meetings and
building strong collaborative relationships.
• Assist in the continuous improvement of CDD policies and procedures, ensuring they reflect best practices and regulatory changes.
• Conduct peer reviews as necessary.
• Participate in regular meetings with the Legal and Compliance Team to share insights and contribute to the team's
• You possess a detailed understanding of KYC and CDD processes and compliance requirements.
• Your analytical skills allow you to effectively assess complex information and identify potential compliance risks.
• You are focussed and ambitious, able to commit to challenging targets that you regularly deliver against.
• You have excellent communication skills, enabling you to provide clear and reasoned guidance to stakeholders.
• You are detail-oriented but commercial, capable of performing meticulous assessments whilst safeguarding the firm’s ability to meet the needs of our clients.
• You thrive in a collaborative environment and are committed to promoting a culture of compliance.
Salary and benefits
• Salary: competitive based on market, professional experience and qualifications
• Performance related staff profit share scheme
• 26 days’ holiday per year (full time amount), plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year.
• Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after passing probation
• Private Medical Insurance
• Electric Vehicle Salary Sacrifice Leasing
• Life and Accident insurance
• Group income protection scheme
• Critical Illness Cover (self-funded)
• Dental Insurance (self-funded)
• Wellbeing Allowance
• Access to Peppy for you and your partner
• 1 paid volunteering day per year to help give back to our local communities
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
• Employee assistance programme
Alongside our competitive compensation and benefits package we offer all our staff the ongoing opportunities to learn and develop, through in-house CPD sessions, further education support as well as internal and external training programmes.
Our hybrid working policy outlines staff to be in the office for 3 days per week, with 2 days working from home. In our London offices, our desk booking app allows you to plan ahead, and book your desk up to 3 weeks ahead. We also offer great flexibility around our core hours, which are from 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. You can choose to start and end your day around these hours, provided you still do your 7.25 hours per day (e.g. 8.00 am - 4.30pm, 10.00 am - 6.30 pm). This position also involves out of hours working on an 'as necessary’ basis. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements for everyone; this can be discussed during the application process or upon commencement.
Let’s check all mandatory rules is applied?
Please note that UKHIRED LTD is not registered to provide any immigration advice. Information on our website is taken from the public domain source and therefore might be inaccurate at times. We recommend you always check the official Skilled Worker guidelines available on gov.uk and seek help from a qualified immigration specialist. Our content does not constitute legal advice and is provided for general information purposes only.