This website uses automated algorithms to estimate job visa eligibility and may be incorrect. We recommend you always check the official Skilled Worker Visa guidelines and seek help from a qualified immigration specialist before applying.
Posted on: 09 July 2022
Corporate Finance Manager
Location: UK flexible / home working
Contract type: 18-month fixed term - likely offered perm at the end.
Hours per week: 35
Salary: £47,000 - £53,000 (Plus £3344 Inner London Weighting if applicable)
Are you a qualified accountant who would be interested in using your finance skills to support the executive directors of one of the UK's largest charities?
How you'll make a difference...
You'll ensure that the executive directors and heads of departments supported have clarity on the approved financial framework and through financial planning, analysis and constructive challenge enable them to deliver within it.
You'll also facilitate clear financial reporting to aid decision making and drive value for money, and ensure there is a strong internal control environment within the enabling directorates, including People Services, Digital, Data and Technology, Internal Professional Services, Internal Shared Services and Finance.
What you'll be doing…
- Business partnering - To deliver a professional finance support service to the executive directors of the Enabling Functions, and their heads of department, providing a valuable contribution to the achievement of the directorates' strategic and financial objectives.
- Financial Reporting - To perform meaningful analysis and insight on financial performance for the executive directorate and heads of department.
- Budgeting and forecasting - To manage the annual budgeting process for the Enabling Functions, ensuring that budgets support the outline plan, objectives and prioritisation of the 3-year planning and budgeting process.
Please read the Role Profile for more information about this opportunity.
What we are looking for...
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or qualified by experience
- Strong financial control and accounting skills
- Experience in financial planning and business partnering
- Charity experience and understanding of Charity SORP and best practice regarding restricted fund management preferred.
Closing date for applications is 23:59 on the 24th July, with interviews anticipated to be held the following week.
What you'll receive in return...
- 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- Up to 6% contributory pension
- Flexible working policy, including compressed hours and home working
- Genuine investment in your training and personal development
A little bit more about us…
The British Red Cross help anyone, anywhere in the UK and overseas; get the support they need if crisis strikes.
Our organisation was born out of a desire to bring help without discrimination.
Impartiality and neutrality have been central values for the Red Cross since we started.
At the British Red Cross, we are looking for the best people to help us provide support to millions of people affected by crisis in the UK. We want our team to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve, offering equal opportunities to everyone, regardless of; age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Diversity is something we celebrate, and we want you to be able to bring your authentic-self to the Red Cross. We want you to feel that you are in an inclusive environment, and a great position to help us spread the power of kindness.
In the British Red Cross we will not tolerate any form of misconduct, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse. We have a code of conduct in place, and are committed to creating a culture of integrity in the organisation where misconduct is not tolerated, situations of abuse are quickly investigated and perpetrators are dealt with effectively.
British Red Cross also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme for roles within the International Directorate. In line with the scheme, we will request information from job applicants' previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
If you are appointed to a role within BRC you will be subject to the organisation's Code of Conduct, a copy of which you can find on our website.
As part of its recruitment and selection process the British Red Cross undertakes DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) checking of all individuals who regularly work with or have access to children and vulnerable adults.
If driving is an essential requirement of the role, appropriate driver checks will be completed in line with current policy.
The British Red Cross, incorporated by Royal Charter 1908, is a charity registered in England and Wales (220949) and Scotland (SC037738).
Follow us on Twitter @RedCrossJobsUK and on Linked in - British Red Cross, to hear about our latest job vacancies.
Connecting human kindness with human crisis
Let’s check all mandatory rules is applied?
Please note that UKHIRED LTD is not registered to provide any immigration advice. Information on our website is taken from the public domain source and therefore might be inaccurate at times. We recommend you always check the official Skilled Worker guidelines available on gov.uk and seek help from a qualified immigration specialist. Our content does not constitute legal advice and is provided for general information purposes only.