Posted on: 08 June 2021
Base Location: Glasgow (other locations across Scotland will be considered, however there will be a requirement to be in our Glasgow office a couple of days a week)
Salary: £36,836 - £48,648 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
The Data Management Centre of Excellence sits within SSE IT and helps the SSE business to manage data as an asset and thereby understand and improve its business value. This is an essential capability which, amongst other benefits, underpins successful digital transformation programmes and creates exciting new opportunities to deliver advanced analytics and deeper business insight.
This is an excellent opportunity for either an experienced data quality individual, or someone with limited experience looking to develop their career as we'll offer excellent on-the-job training to support your development.
We operate within a 'hub and spoke' model, and within this hub you will be accountable for:-
- Supporting the development of Data Quality capabilities across SSE business units ('the spokes').
- Assisting in the creation of Data Quality rules and the deployment of Data Quality tooling and dashboards.
- Supporting business stakeholders in setting up working groups to improve Data Quality and will help report on resultant progress and outcomes.
- Supported by your colleagues in the team you will also provide guidance on an ad hoc basis with regard to Data Quality best practice and standards, referencing the SSE Data Quality Framework.
What do I need?
This is an exciting role driving change in the SSE Group and to be effective you will need to demonstrate: -
- A strong interest in, and general understanding of, the significance of Data Quality to business performance and development
- The ability to learn new skills and new subject areas and apply this knowledge quickly and effectively.
- Strong technical skills, particularly the ability to manipulate data using Excel and/or Power BI, with prior knowledge of database structures and SQL being an advantage.
- The ability to present information in a range of different visual formats to aid understanding.
- Stakeholder management skills; creating and maintaining effective business relationships.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Jenna Jackson on 01738 341390.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.« Return to the search results
Let’s check all mandatory rules is applied?
Please note that we are using automated algorithms to check visa rules and may sometimes be wrong. Information on this page does not constitute legal advice and is provided for general information purposes only.