Ready for the recognition and rewards you deserve? We don’t just talk about putting employees first. We know that Priory wouldn’t exist without their combined energy, expertise and effort. So we invest heavily in training, provide first-class support, promote collaborative teamwork and give everyone on our team the opportunities and resources to achieve their full potential.
Priory Hospital Burgess Hill is located in beautiful West Sussex and offers the opportunity to gain experience across many specialist mental health disciplines including Secure Services, a DBT Locked Rehabilitation service, HDU Services and Acute care.
With a CQC rating of GOOD across all 5 Key Lines of Enquiry, you would be working in a forward thinking hospital supporting our patients recovery alongside a highly skilled and dedicated Multi-Disciplinary Team.
We now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and skilled Deputy Ward Manager / Charge Nurse to join our team.
As a Deputy Ward Manager / Charge Nurse at Burgess Hill you will be working within a team that includes a range of professionals making an effective contribution to providing high quality care to our patients.
You will be supported to work within an identified career development pathway and will be supported with peer review, clinical supervision, mentorship and appraisal.
Our role involves:
• Being a clear leader for the nursing team on the ward and managing shifts
• Deputising for the Ward Manager providing cover and assisting with the day to day management of the ward and team
• Providing high quality care and leading by example to junior staff
• Developing therapeutic relationships to optimise patient engagement
• Following all codes of conduct, standards and legislation, respecting the rights of others and promoting ethical practice
• Contributing to patient assessments, compiling a plan of care alongside the individual, and monitoring patient progress
• Mentoring, supporting and supervising student nurses and other members of the team
• Promoting professional development within the team
• Carrying out sit coordination duties when required
To be successful in this role you will need to be committed to Personal Learning and Development, Evidence and Values Based Practice and Patient Centred Care. You will need to have excellent team working skills and be highly self-motivated with a flexible approach.
• RMN / RNLD
• A recognised mentoring certificate (desirable)
• Experience in a supervisory role
• At least 3 years post registration experience
• The ability to assess and teach junior staff
• A proven ability to co-ordinate care, prioritise tasks and manage health & safety issues
• The drive to learn and develop
• A commitment to patient-centred care and to values-based and evidence-based practice
• 25 days’ annual leave increasing to 30 days with length of service - plus 8 bank holidays.
• Golden Hello Welcome Bonus (£5000 spread over 3 years)**
• Relocation Allowance (please get in touch for more details)**
• Subsidised professional membership and registration
• Career development through Staff Nurse grading system
• A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
• Healthcare cash plan
• Flexible benefits (including preferential rates and access to schemes such as gym membership and shopping discounts)
• Free meals and parking on site
**Terms and Conditions Apply**
We want to invest in you and your future! Find out about our career pathways:
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.