This website uses automated algorithms to estimate job visa eligibility and may be incorrect. We recommend you always check the official Skilled Worker Visa guidelines and seek help from a qualified immigration specialist before applying.
Posted on: 25 January 2023
Here at Human Appeal we have an exciting opportunity for a Director of Finance to join our team based in Cheadle, Greater Manchester. You will join us on full-time, permanent basis, and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £65-80k per annum.
Human Appeal is a faith-based charity that aims to abolish poverty by providing humanitarian aid, sustainable development programs and championing advocacy for our beneficiaries worldwide.
Human Appeal is currently in the midst of a very exciting process of significantly expanding its global reach, including establishing a new fundraising arm in the USA. In line with our ambitious growth strategy, we are looking for an experienced Senior Finance Professional manage our financial risk and drive our financial performance. As Director of Finance, the successful candidate will play an integral role in managing the day-to day operations of our Finance department, providing strategic and financial guidance to the Directorate and global offices to ensure that our financial commitments are met, as well as managing risk and ultimately ensuring the long-term health, growth and control of our finances.
We are ideally looking to appoint somebody immediately to this role.
Benefits of joining us as our Director of Finance include:
- 35 days Annual Leave
- Matched pension contribution
- Employee discounts and memberships
- Access to wellbeing hub
- Prayer facilities
- Opportunity to really make a difference!
Key duties and responsibilities of the Director of Finance:
- Oversee the operational management of the Finance department
- Provide a key role in driving the strategy and performance of the organisation, as a member of the Senior Leadership Team
- Drive the financial planning of the company by analyzing its performance and risks
- Retaining constant awareness of the company’s financial position and acting to prevent problems
- Prepare timely and detailed reports on financial performance on a quarterly and annual basis
- Conduct analysis to produce budgets and forecasts, and report on these at Board of Directors and Board of Trustees level
- Ensure the financial compliance of the organisation, in line with relevant legislation, regulation, and audit recommendations
- Oversee the timely and accurate processing and maintenance of financial data on HA computer systems (Salesforce, SAGE, NAVision)
What we’re looking for in our Director of Finance:
- Degree-educated in a relevant Finance discipline
- Qualified Accountant (AAT; ACCA; CIMA)
- Significant Senior-level financial leadership, management and oversight experience
- Experience with, or exposure to, the non-for-profit or public sector
- Experience with, or exposure to, financial management in developing countries
-Computer literate and proficient in MS Office Suite
- Experienced user of financial databases and systems. Previous experience using Salesforce, SAGE, and NAVision is desirable
- Fluent written and spoken English is essential. Additional languages pertaining to our global offices, such as Arabic, Urdu, are -desirable
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the international development sector
This would be an ideal role for an experienced Director of Finance, Financial Controller, or Chief Financial Officer (CFO) looking to make a difference in a rewarding role within the Charity Sector!
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis so for the best chance of success please click ‘apply’ today to become our Director of Finance – we would love to hear from you.
Disclaimer: Please be aware that due to the anticipated quantity of response, we will only be contacting candidates who are shortlisted to interview stage. If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks of your application, please assume that unfortunately you have been unsuccessful this time.
Let’s check all mandatory rules is applied?
Please note that UKHIRED LTD is not registered to provide any immigration advice. Information on our website is taken from the public domain source and therefore might be inaccurate at times. We recommend you always check the official Skilled Worker guidelines available on gov.uk and seek help from a qualified immigration specialist. Our content does not constitute legal advice and is provided for general information purposes only.