We have an exciting opportunity available for a Financial Planning Accountant to join the team based at our state-of-the-art Headquarters in Southampton. However, all our people, where they can are currently working from home. This is a full-time permanent position and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £40,000 – £43,500 per annum plus benefits.
Ordnance Survey (OS) is the national mapping agency for Great Britain, and a world-leading geospatial data and technology organisation. Serving government, business, and citizens across Britain and the world, OS helps customers in virtually all sectors improve quality of life and we’re looking for people to join our journey.
We offer fantastic benefits in return for joining us as our Financial Planning Accountant:
- Competitive salary plus performance-related bonus
- Competitive pension
- 37-hour working week (with flexible working options)
- 25 days annual leave (30 days after five years), plus bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
- A suite of excellent additional benefits
As our Financial Planning Accountantyou will be required to:
- Support the FP&A team with the management of the financial planning cycles; strategic plan, annual budget and in year forecasting
- Support key business decision making through financial insight, analysis and modelling
- Monitor and communicate progress against key performance indicators for the business
- Support the Financial Reporting team in analysing and understanding monthly financial results and performance
- Represent the Finance function within the business, promoting best practice financial management
What we are looking for in our ideal Financial Planning Accountant:
- A qualified accountant (i.e. CIMA/ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent experience) with demonstrable experience in financial analysis
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong data manipulation skills and the ability to turn financial and non-financial data into meaningful information for business stakeholders
- Advanced Excel/financial modelling skills
- Experience or demonstrable understanding of capital projects
- Experience in a commercial environment, particularly in relation to multi-year contracts
- Experience with SAP/Microsoft Dynamics would be beneficial
Our growing Technology and Design team plays a key role in ensuring OS is at the cutting edge of geospatial capability and is looking for people to join them. Its mission is to work across the business to provide customer-centric design and technology services.
Join us as our Financial Planning Accountant and you’ll have an opportunity to make an impact. To empower projects that deliver real-world benefits across Britain and internationally. To hear our customers say they couldn’t have done it without us. And to be central to OS’s vision: to be recognised as world leaders in geospatial services; creating location insight for positive impact.