The General Director of the Company shall manage Company’s day-to-day affairs.
The General Director of the Company reports directly to the Board of Directors according to procedures containing in the Articles of Association of the Company.
The General Director of the Company shall exercise a control over all employees of the Company.
The General Director of the Company shall perform his duties and responsibilities in relation to the Company and subsidiaries, executing the rights and responsibilities of the shareholder (participant) of the companies in which the Company owns shares or participatory interests (in accordance with the Articles of Association of the Company), as an inherent part of shareholder’s control. These duties shall be performed on the territory of the United Kingdom but travelling to Russian Federation and EU (up to 60 days) can be required.
To perform his duties, the General Director of the Company shall follow:
· applicable legislation of the United Kingdom and Russian Federation, normative acts and standards;
· all lawful resolutions, regulations and directions of the Board of Directors of the Company;
· the Articles of Association of the Company;
· internal regulatory and methodological documents of the Company not contradicting the applicable law.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Develop and execute the Company’s business strategies in order to attain the goals of the Company’s Board of Directors and Shareholders;
· Prepare and implement comprehensive business plans to facilitate achievement by planning cost-effective operations and market development activities;
· Undertake and carry out such duties and exercise such powers in relation to the Company's business as may from time to time be assigned to or vested in him by the Board (such duties to be commensurate to the Executive's position);
· Build effective relations with employees of the Company, employees of the Company’s Representative office in Moscow and subsidiaries, as well as with external consultants providing professional services to the Company;
· Observe and comply with all lawful resolutions, regulations and directions made by the Board from time to time and promptly upon request, provide a full account to the Board of his conduct of the business of the Company;
· Participate regularly in business meetings and sessions of the Company in the UK and Russian Federation;
· Ensure effective cross-functional relations between the employees of the Company (including the Company’s Representative office in Moscow) and subsidiaries (if any);
· Perform other duties and responsibilities within organization of the Company’s operations according to legislation of the United Kingdom, the Articles of Association of the Company and directions of the Board;
· Ensure development and approval of plans, budgets, cost estimates, management reports and similar documents of the Company and addressing them for consideration (approval, confirmation) to the Company’s competent governing bodies (if applicable);
· Deal with the Company’s financial matters;
· Resolve the issues related to the exercise of the rights and responsibilities of the shareholder (participant) of the companies in which the Company owns shares or participatory interests, as well as monitoring the activities of such companies, in accordance with the Articles of Association of the Company;
· Organize and carry out corporate compliance functions (including monitoring) in respect of the Company’s subsidiaries and other affiliated companies, including monitoring of compliance of direct instructions of the Company, supervision over performance of agreements between the Company and its subsidiaries and/or other affiliated companies;
· Determine the main directions of activities of the Company’s Representative office;
· Carry out the mission and functions of the Company’s authorized representative in its relations with Company’s shareholders and other Gazprom Group companies;
· Represent the Company in dealing with third parties.
Key Skills, Qualifications & Experience required:
The successful candidate must meet the following requirements:
· Substantial knowledge and understanding of and extensive experience in working with the oil and gas industry processes, business specifics and strategic opportunities;
· Fluent Russian;
· Demonstrable experience of applicable legislation of the United Kingdom and Russian Federation;
· Profound and extensive knowledge of principles and processes of financial management of group of companies;
· Profound and extensive knowledge of principles and processes of management of group of companies and principals of interaction with shareholders in large multinational group of industrial companies (experience in oil and gas industry is preferred);
· Extensive previous successful experience of reporting to the Board of Directors;
· Master’s degree in management or economics;
· The General Director of the Company must have extensive and demonstrable experience all of the following professional skills and abilities:
· leading a team of 10+ people, strong people management skills;
· setting up and managing the company;
· good knowledge of global oil and gas markets;
· ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making;
· excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Russian;
· strong negotiation skills with an ability to build relationship with a variety of stakeholders;
· high level presentation and public speaking skills.
Desirable skills and experience
Desired background for the General Director of the Company shall include:
· Master’s degree in economics, any financial or accounting professional certification (ACCA, CIMA, CPA, etc.);
· good knowledge of Gazprom group corporate principles and procedures is a substantial plus.