We have an exciting opportunity available for a Lead Business and Change Analyst to join the team based at our HQ in Southampton. This is a full-time permanent position and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £50,286 - £59,160 per annum plus benefits.
Ordnance Survey (OS) is the national mapping agency for Great Britain, and a world-leading geospatial data and technology organisation. Serving government, business, and citizens across Britain and the world, OS helps customers in virtually all sectors improve quality of life and we’re looking for people to join our journey.
We offer fantastic benefits in return for joining us as our Lead Business and Change Analyst:
- Competitive salary plus performance-related bonus
- Competitive pension
- 37-hour working week (with flexible working options)
- 25 days annual leave (30 days after five years), plus bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
- A suite of excellent additional benefits
About the role:
The Business Design team applies business design and analysis expertise to assess and shape changes required in our end to end business model, that will enable business growth. The Lead Business and Change Analyst is a new senior role in the team, with responsibility for leading and developing a team of established permanent and contractor Business Analysts.
Building relationships across Business Design and with key business clients, we are looking for someone who will deliver a step change in the ways of working, You will drive focus on change and customer outcomes that matter most to our business, through demonstratable business and technical change and analysis.
This is a varied role with focus on business analysis across the business, whilst delivering change and transformation through people management.
Key duties of our Lead Business and Change Analyst will require you to:
- Provide senior leadership and strategic direction to the OS Business Analysis (BA) group
- Provide expert planning and assurance to the BA delivery to budget, schedule and scope
- Ensure the capacity and the capability of the domain are aligned to business objectives and the portfolio
- Manage the portfolio of the domains to ensure it is prioritised against strategic business objectives
- Ensure the quality and assurance of all business analysis deliverables in the shaping, commissioning and delivery of business and IT change
- Build strong working relationships with senior business sponsors, programme managers and Enterprise Design consultants to ensure business analysis is considered and factored into to all identified initiatives
- Identify specific measures and mechanisms by which benefits can be measured and plans to activate these mechanisms at the required time
- Monitors benefits realisation against business case, working with stakeholders to ensure full exploitation of the new business operation/environment once it is in place
What we are looking for in our ideal Lead Business and Change Analyst:
- Proven experience in managing BA teams to deliver strategic value across multiple disciplines
- Strong people management skills with the ability to develop capabilities in the teams
- Strategic experience in delivering impactful business analysis services
- Proven budget management skills
- Proven capacity and capability management skills
- Proven experience balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity
Our growing Technology and Design team plays a key role in ensuring OS is at the cutting edge of geospatial capability and is looking for people to join them. Its mission is to work across the business to provide customer centric design and technology services.
Join us as our Lead Business and Change Analyst and you’ll have an opportunity to make an impact. To empower projects that deliver real-world benefits across Britain and internationally. To hear our customers say they couldn’t have done it without us. And to be central to OS’s vision: to be recognised as world leaders in geospatial services; creating location insight for positive impact.