Job Title: Legal Adviser SOC Code: 2419 Name of Company: PetroVision Energy Services Report to: Managing Director Recruiter: Oil and Gas Services Firm Location: Fulham, London Salary: £50,000.00 per annum Hours per week: 40 hrs Date Posted: June 23, 2020 Closing date: July 23, 2020 Contract: Permanent Reference: PV-LGBM-01
PetroVision Energy Services Limited is a Petroleum Engineering & Geoscience Consultancy designed to provide integrated and specialized services to the upstream sector of the oil and gas industry. PetroVision was established in the United Kingdom in 2007. Our core services include Asset Evaluations, Field Development Planning, Resource Evaluation and Reservoir Management. PetroVision has built up a large customer and project base spanning small to midsized Exploration &Production companies, Multinationals, National Oil Companies and Financial Institutions in many African countries. Based on our regional footprint, we require a legal and business adviser to support our growth plans.
Legal Adviser Following several years of rapid growth through global expansion, the company is looking for its first dedicated in house international legal and business development position on a full-time basis. Due to the size of the company, we are looking for a person wearing more than one hat. The person will become an integral part of the organisation and will be responsible for advising across a broad range international issues, defining the legal and business development functions within the firm and setting up the structure for future growth.
Duties and Responsibilities The person shall be responsible for all legal & business development matters globally based out of London. This role will provide a broad spectrum of work across the diverse energy sector.
1) Advice on on a wide variety of upstream transactional matters in connection with upstream international petroleum and gas exploration, development and operations projects.
2) Specific responsibilities include structuring, document and negotiate transactions including:
Retrospective review of existing contracts and recognition of new terms and conditions of legacy contracts when due for renewal; Developing and implementing third-party risk management framework that considers key inherent risks arising from engaging third parties and setting the risk appetite levels for the company; Defining structure of legal arrangement engagement with technical partners; Host government arrangements; Corporate/asset acquisitions/divestitures Managing existing business relationships and following up on new business leads and communicating new service developments; Writing reports, overseeing development of media and marketing materials 3) International Geoscience. Petroleum Engineering & Legal Advisory
Advice on with a wide variety of petroleum engineering and geoscience related transactions relating to international development and operations projects data management, processing and interpretations, technical service agreement and master service agreements. Provide legal related advisory on technical and financial due diligence projects.
4) Anti-corruption Compliance: • Advice on anti-corruption compliance issues arising under the applicable laws. Activities include: • Review and approval of requests for charitable contributions, gifts and expenditures; • Drafting and negotiation of anti-corruption compliance clauses; • Oversight of anti-corruption due diligence investigations of prospective vendors/existing vendors; and • Design and oversight of vendor anti-corruption compliance remediation plans.
5) International Arbitration/Disputes: Advice in connection with co-venture party disputes and other international disputes that impact or may impact the Company.
1. Education Level; Masters in Law and Bachelor degree 2:1 desirable 2. Lawyer with general oil & gas law experience and proven experience advising on complex commercial issues 3. Minimum 15 years PQE 4. Experience working on a cross border, multi-jurisdictional basis 5. Experience in-house working as part of team and as external adviser; 6. Exceptional legal drafting, negotiation and analytical skills 7. Ability to manage the provision of legal advice on multiple projects in a high volume, fast-paced environment 8. Ability to work efficiently, with minimal supervision 9. Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills 10. Qualified & practicing solicitor in commonwealth jurisdiction with knowledge of Legal systems in UK, Angola, Nigeria, South Africa, Ghana and Rwanda.
The ideal candidate will be educated to Masters level. Having previously worked within a commercial environment you will be used to working largely on a stand-alone basis with access to third party advice as required.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV along with a cover letter with reference PV-LGBM-01 in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org