This website uses automated algorithms to estimate job visa eligibility and may be incorrect. We recommend you always check the official Skilled Worker Visa guidelines and seek help from a qualified immigration specialist before applying.
Posted on: 19 November 2022
The successful applicant will be responsible for the full design lifecycle of the products that the business produce, this includes defining a concept and developing it in to a fully functioning 3D model, designing for manufacture and assembly, defining testing requirements and designing for an efficient installation and project hand over.
The role of mechanical design engineer comprises of the following:
- Initial project review and scope of requirements determination within the project team.
- Participate in on-site surveys to determine design requirements and constraints with the project team and customer.
- Creating fully functioning 3D CAD models of mechanical systems, special purpose machinery, assembly fixtures, production jigs, mechanical handling systems and industrial automated systems using the latest version of Autodesk Inventor Professional.
- Creating, checking and approving 2D manufacturing, assembly, testing and installation drawings to BS8888-2017.
- Running and participating in design reviews in accordance with internal and customers design standards and relevant legislation.
- Liaising between design and manufacturing to understand manufacturing constrains or requirements that need to be accounted for.
The role of mechanical design engineer is be suited to a professional mechanical engineer with proven experience in mechanical designing and manufacturing looking for a diverse and engaging career.
The following are requirements for the role:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working within mechanical engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience of mechanical engineering designing using a 3D modeling package.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and their requirements from a design perspective.
- Knowledge of material and parts specifications and the ability to suitably select these for the design requirements.
The following are advantageous but not essential to apply for this position:
- Experience of modeling and drawing creation using Autodesk Inventor.
- Hands on manufacturing / assembling experience.
- Knowledge / experience of pneumatic circuit design and functionality.
- Knowledge of machinery directive, LOLER and other legislative requirements.
- Experience in special purpose machinery, assembly fixture and jig design.
Rate is dependent upon experience and capabilities.
- 40 hours / week with potential for overtime. Core business hours 0800 - 1730.
- Full clean driving licence.
You now have 80 points and can apply for the Skilled Worker visa
Please note that UKHIRED LTD is not registered to provide any immigration advice. Information on our website is taken from the public domain source and therefore might be inaccurate at times. We recommend you always check the official Skilled Worker guidelines available on gov.uk and seek help from a qualified immigration specialist. Our content does not constitute legal advice and is provided for general information purposes only.