Ready for the recognition and rewards you deserve? We don’t just talk about putting employees first. We know that Priory wouldn’t exist without their combined energy, expertise and effort. So we invest heavily in training, provide first-class support, promote collaborative teamwork and give everyone on our team the opportunities and resources to achieve their full potential.
Our service is based on the Norfolk/Suffolk border and provides a range of assessment, treatment, rehabilitation and specialist residential services to over 90 adults with a learning disability in a range of different environments suited to their individual needs including medium, low secure and rehabilitation.
The role is to provide support to the Nursing and wider MDTs in ensuring the patients in the defined area have their physical healthcare nursing needs identified, care planned and evaluated in accordance with best practice and clinical evidence
You will also provide advice and support to colleagues at the site regarding physical healthcare needs in general terms; this includes Infection control, screening programmes and site specific requirements, depending on the clinical speciality.
You will be the site lead for Infection Prevention and Control
You will need to be:
• Qualified Registered General Nurse (RGN), with 2 years post registration experience with active NMC Registration and completed preceptorship programme. Consideration will be given to Nurses registered in MH or LD services if they demonstrate competence in the requirements for the role
• Qualified Mentor/Assessor
• Knowledge of NMC guidelines and professional practices.
• Evidence of post registration continuing professional development.
• Demonstrates a positive attitude and commitment to change, improvement and quality.
• Ability to develop and use flexible and innovative approaches to practice.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
As one of the UK’s leading providers of behavioural care and specialist support services to adults and young people, Priory Group promise a challenging and fulfilling career with the support of a world class organisation willing to invest in your development.
Across our network of hospitals, residential care homes, education facilities and supported living services, we are making a real and lasting difference to the lives of the people we support.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Group will cover the cost of a DBS check.