We have an exciting opportunity fora Production Manager to join the team based at our site in Billingham. This is a full-time permanent role and in return, you will receive a competitive salaryplus benefits including25 days holiday + Bank Holidays and pension scheme – 5% employer contribution.
Paralloy is situated in Billingham. The business has a worldwide presence and is a major supplier to the petrochemical market. The success of the company has been built on developing quality products in rapid lead times supported by a focused approach to customer service.
We are looking for an experienced Production Manager for the Tube Business Unit. This role is responsible for the delivery of the required manufacturing throughput plan in a safe manner, on time and at the right cost and quality by leading and managing a team of manufacturing supervision, engineers, and operational personnel in the Tube Foundry, Machine Ship & Finning areas.
Key responsibilities of our Production Manager will be to:
- Determine and manage the human and material resources required to deliver the plan
- Ensure exemplary Health, Safety and Environmental standards are achieved, maintained and followed
- Determine, plan, review and implement the local areas production schedules in line with sales plan/OTIF requirements
- Review that standard operating, safe working practices are appropriate to deliver OTIF/safety/operational and cost KPI’s
- Work with the Metals Manager to drive down metal stocks and ensure procedures are followed to ensure high levels of metal control
- Ensure collaboration & co-operation between technical, quality, engineering, contracts and other production facilities are promoted and maintained
- Work closely to production budgets and targets to ensure cost and profit margins are maintained
- Measure, monitor, and review staff performance levels – organise any required interventions/follow up for improvement
- Establish clear and challenging objectives for the local supervisory, engineering, and operational teams
- Determine and implement process, quality and production improvements
- Provide strong leadership for the area – whilst maintaining good working relationships at all levels across the site
- Develop and maintain production reports and KPI’s
- Stand in for the unit manager across site
What we’re looking for in our Production Manager:
- A minimum of an HNC in Mechanical Engineering or Material Science
- A credible manager with demonstrable experience of leading and building effective teams
- The ability to make decisions, be adaptable and stress-tolerant
- A critical thinker and problem solver with strong attention to detail
- Someone with a good understanding of engineering & technology principles/practice, who is familiar with modern production and manufacturing techniques
- Demonstrable experience of conflict management
- A very good understanding of quality issues/quality systems
- A full working knowledge of MS Office
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Production Manager, then please click ‘Apply’ today!