Posted on: 05 June 2021
Base Location: Glasgow, Perth or Inverness
Salary: £45,200 - £67,800 + car/cash allowance + annual bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
SSEN Transmission is currently recruiting for a Project Manager to lead project teams in the execution of large capital projects across the Transmission business, ensuring the safe delivery to programme, cost and the necessary quality.
A key aspect of this role is to ensure project excellence is achieved through a competent, motivated and improvement focused team, using robust systems to support the project process.
The key duties & responsibilities will be:
- Accountability to the Business for the safety, health and welfare of all personnel and environmental aspects of those Transmission projects activities being managed, including compliance with CDM regulations and engagement with regulators and third-parties including statutory stakeholders.
- Responsibility for Project Governance, ensuring the use of recognised project management processes, reporting, methods, techniques and tools. In particular, the application of the LCP Governance Framework Manual as required.
- Oversee commercial aspects of delivery including contract negotiation, contract awards, and contract management, ensuring that any disputes are escalated as appropriate for resolution.
- Ensure the projects are developed to an appropriate quality standard as set out in the Project Quality Plan, whilst identifying opportunities for business improvements
- Work closely with the key stakeholders for the project including landowners, statutory bodies, developers, National Grid, and supply chain partners, the role will be expected wherever possible to build relationships that benefit the delivery of the project and future projects.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience in the Transmission industry, or construction, or the utilities sector on major projects.
- A strong engineering and construction knowledge including the safety and CDM regulations.
- An understanding of developing and managing integrated project programmes and ideally have experience in the delivery of large capital projects.
- Strong understanding of industry and Health and Safety legislation,
- An understanding of the tendering process and experience developing and managing third party engineering and/or construction contracts.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Gregor on 01738 342871.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.« Return to the search results
Let’s check all mandatory rules is applied?
Please note that we are using automated algorithms to check visa rules and may sometimes be wrong. Information on this page does not constitute legal advice and is provided for general information purposes only.