Posted on: 18 May 2021
Base Location: Berkshire, Hampshire, Wiltshire
Salary: £45,200 - £64,000+ car / allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time or Part Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Contract Manager (Senior Quantity Surveyor) to join our Procurement and Commercial (P&C) team working within our Distribution business.
Reporting to the Procurement & Commercial Manager, you will be providing end to end P&C support for the delivery of numerous £ multi-million, major projects relating to overhead lines, substations and underground cables across multiple sites in the south of England. This role provides an excellent opportunity for long term career development.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing end to end Procurement and Contract Management support services to each allocated project
- The development and implementation of the project procurement and commercial strategy to optimise value for money in conjunction with project delivery aligned with our business objectives and goals
- Providing timely budgeting and cost reporting and to ensure project programme dates are achieved
- Estimates and cost forecasts as each project matures
- Pre and post contract support services
- Assisting in the development and drafting of Procurement and Contract Management processes and procedures
- Supporting the delivery of departmental KPIs and objectives such as savings in total cost of ownership, value engineering and safety performance.
What do I need?
Youll be an enthusiastic, delivery focused individual with strong commercial acumen and technical understanding of construction principals, including well-developed interpersonal, problem-solving, communication, negotiation skills gained from working as a contracts/commercial manager or quantity surveyor in the construction industry.
We are looking for a candidate who has:
- A good working knowledge of UK construction contracts. Experience of working with the NEC ECC forms of contract or similar is essential and the ability to research, gather and present information both verbally and written on contracts.
- Experience in estimating, cost and budget management, pre and post contract administration, contract negotiation, claims and commercial programme and risk management;
- Competence in the preparation and drafting of construction contracts
- Excellent IT skills including knowledge of all MS Office applications. (Experience in the use of proprietary purchase systems would be beneficial);
- A degree in Quantity Surveying is preferred however, candidates with other relevant construction related degrees with appropriate experience will be considered. MRICS professional qualifications are desirable however other relevant qualifications will be considered.
About our Business
At SSE, we own more than 500 property assets and several thousand land assets, which are located across the length and breadth of the UK and Ireland. Our Procurement & Commercial, Property and Facilities Management teams are responsible for helping the business to procure services and materials in a timely and cost-effective way, and for ensuring SSE offers a safe, modern, fit-for-purpose property portfolio. We work right across the SSE Group, ensuring our businesses gets the best possible service and value from our supplier network, as well as ensuring all service providers are compliant and continue to meet contractual obligations and business need.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact hannah. / 01738 341147
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
« Return to the search results
Let’s check all mandatory rules is applied?
Please note that we are using automated algorithms to check visa rules and may sometimes be wrong. Information on this page does not constitute legal advice and is provided for general information purposes only.