20 days ago
Deadline: 18 December 2020
Showing Tier 2 Visa Eligibility Criteria for
Visa Status - Selected by UKHired algorithm - for Tier 4 Holders
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Senior Data Engineer to join the team based at our HQ in Southampton. This is a full-time permanent position and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £45,951 - £54,060 per annum plus benefits.
Ordnance Survey (OS) is the national mapping agency for Great Britain, and a world-leading geospatial data and technology organisation. Serving government, business, and citizens across Britain and the world, OS helps customers in virtually all sectors improve quality of life and we’re looking for people to join our journey.
We offer fantastic benefits in return for joining us as our Senior Data Engineer:
- Competitive salary plus performance-related bonus
- Competitive pension
- 37-hour working week (with flexible working options)
- 25 days annual leave (30 days after five years), plus bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
- A suite of excellent additional benefits
About the Senior Data Engineerrole:
As a Senior Data Engineer joining Ordnance Survey’s Data Engineering team, you will provide leadership and expertise in developing new techniques, tools and pipelines. You will transform and manipulate geospatial data into forms suitable for visualisation, analysis and further development with your Agile team.
Providing insight and experience to inform data-driven decision making, your focus will be on building, maintaining and troubleshooting data processing systems to meet business requirements; with an emphasis on security, reliability, fault-tolerance, scalability, fidelity, and efficiency.
Researching and utilising cutting-edge big data and machine learning technologies to automate and simplify processes, is all part of the role. You’ll be a key member in one of our development teams, with the primary focus of your day to day activities being data manipulation and delivering data pipelines to aid development.
What we are looking for in our ideal Senior Data Engineer:
- A degree-level qualification in a quantitative discipline or significant experience in a relevant field, such as statistical modelling or mathematics
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Services (or similar)
- Working with Databricks and Spark
- Relevant programming language(s) and databases
- Geospatial data processing and analysis techniques
- Influencing key business and technical stakeholders, with strong presentation and consultancy skills
- Providing technical coaching and mentoring
- Line Management skills would be advantageous
- Hadoop, Elasticsearch, TensorFlow, Keras, or equivalent big data processing and machine learning techniques would also be advantageous
Our growing Technology and Design team plays a key role in ensuring OS is at the cutting edge of geospatial capability and is looking for people to join them. Its mission is to work across the business to provide customer centric design and technology services.
Join us as our Senior Data Engineer and you’ll have an opportunity to make an impact. To empower projects that deliver real-world benefits across Britain and internationally. To hear our customers say they couldn’t have done it without us. And to be central to OS’s vision: to be recognised as world leaders in geospatial services; creating location insight for positive impact.
Closing date: Sunday 29th November 2020