This website uses automated algorithms to estimate job visa eligibility and may be incorrect. We recommend you always check the official Skilled Worker Visa guidelines and seek help from a qualified immigration specialist before applying.
Posted on: 05 August 2022
Job Title: Senior Market Pricing Analyst
Contract Type: UK-Permanent, Full time, Hybrid
Salary Range: GBP 39,000 - 52,000
Senior Market Pricing Analyst:
Fantastic opportunity to join our Market Pricing team, assisting to plan and deliver pricing related projects to deadline and quality standards. You will directly influence the future growth of the business, with key deliverables to increase conversion, retention, income and profitability.
The role will involve the management of detailed analysis of data using sophisticated machine learning and statistical techniques in order to recommend pricing actions which increase volume, income and profit. In addition, the Senior Pricing Market Analyst will develop pricing capability and core skills within the business, as well as influence the strategic direction of retail pricing in the wider Ageas UK Group.
Main Responsibilities as Senior Market Pricing Analyst:
* Management, development and coaching of Pricing Analysts. Opportunity for line management
* Develop, validate, review and approve predictive machine learning models; exploring new machine learning techniques and data sets to enhance models; support deployment into live environment
* Carry out price optimisation and improve on existing price optimisation processes using machine learning techniques; prepare recommendations for senior stakeholders
* Maintenance and application of models of customer and market behaviour; incorporating machine learning into behavioural models
* Develop a balanced view of current and future pricing performance by combining MI, modelling results and company targets
* Execution, development and project management across all stages of the price control cycle as required
* Inform and influence senior management, heads of department and cross-team project committees
* Deputise for the Senior Pricing Manager or Manager where required, including meetings with senior management of Ageas UK companies.
Skills and experience you need as Senior Market Pricing Analyst:
* Educated to degree level or equivalent in a numerical discipline.
* 3+ years' experience in insurance pricing or related analytical background
* Highly skilled in the use of programming language (e.g. SAS, R, Python) to manipulate data.
* Experience in SOME of the following predictive modelling techniques e.g. Logistic Regression, Log-Gamma GLMs, GBMs, Elastic Net GLMs, GAMs, Decision Trees, Random Forests, Support Vector Machines and Neural Nets
* Knowledge and/or experience of Price Optimisation
* Experience of using analytics to solve complex business problems.
* Ability to convey advanced statistical concepts to a non statistical audience; influencing colleagues at all levels up to, and including, senior management and directors
* Self motivated, with the drive, energy and ability to work on own initiative.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy within the Senior Market Pricing Analyst role based in Bournemouth:
At Ageas we offer a wide range of benefits to support you and your family inside and outside of work, which helped us achieve, Top Employer status in the UK.
Flexible Working - Smart Working @ Ageas gives employees flexibility around location (as long as it's within the UK) and, for many of our roles, flexibility within the working day to manage other commitments, such as school drop offs etc. We also offer all our vacancies part-time/job-shares . We also offer a minimum of 31 days holiday (inc. bank holidays) and you can buy and sell days.
Supporting your Health - Dental Insurance Health Cash Plan, Health Screening, Will Writing, Voluntary Critical Illness, Mental Health First Aiders, Well Being Activities - Yoga, Mindfulness.
Supporting your Wealth - Annual Bonus Schemes, Annual Salary Reviews, Competitive Pension, Employee Savings, Employee Loans.
Supporting you at Work - Well-being activities, yoga, mindfulness sessions, Sports and Social Club events and more.
Benefits for Them - Partner Life Assurance and Critical Illness cover
Getting Around - Car Salary Exchange, Cycle Scheme, Vehicle Breakdown Cover
Get some Tech - Deals on various gadgets including Wearables, Tablets and Laptops.
Supporting you back to work - Return to work programme after maternity leave
We're one of the largest car and home insurers in the UK. Our people help Ageas to be a thriving, creative and innovative place to work, which is echoed in the service we provide to over four million customers.
As an inclusive employer, we encourage anyone to apply. We're a signatory of the Race at Work Charter and Women in Finance Charter, a Stonewall diversity champion and a Disability Confident Employer (which means interviews are guaranteed for applicants with a disability who meet the minimum role criteria). For more information please see Ageas Everyone.
Our aim is to have great people everywhere in our business and we're always looking for outstanding people to join us. Most roles across Ageas allow a proportion of your time to be spent working from home and we're open to discussing flexible working, including full-time, part-time or job share arrangements.
To find out more about Ageas, see About Us.
Want to be part of a Winning Team? Come and join Ageas.
Let’s check all mandatory rules is applied?
Please note that UKHIRED LTD is not registered to provide any immigration advice. Information on our website is taken from the public domain source and therefore might be inaccurate at times. We recommend you always check the official Skilled Worker guidelines available on gov.uk and seek help from a qualified immigration specialist. Our content does not constitute legal advice and is provided for general information purposes only.