This website uses automated algorithms to estimate job visa eligibility and may be incorrect. We recommend you always check the official Skilled Worker Visa guidelines and seek help from a qualified immigration specialist before applying.
Posted on: 28 July 2022
Senior Procurement Business Partner
Location: East London
Salary: £46,392 - £56,640
Closing Date: Sunday 14th August 2022
Can you help us take our Procurement and Contracts team to the next level?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Procurement Business Partner to join our small, ambitious and dynamic Procurement and Contracts Team which assists with the delivery of a range of procurement projects cutting across all categories including the delivery of an annual capital investment programme of over £20M per annum.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who has a passion for procurement and is committed to delivering excellence, must have excellent working knowledge of UK procurement regulations, experience of developing and managing procurement programmes and ideally have staff management experience.
This role will be key in supporting the business in undertaking procurement and contract management activities in a timely and compliant way ensuring value for money is achieved.
This career graded opportunity enables the successful candidate to develop further whilst working within the role. The duties and responsibilities in this role will expand as experience is gained, knowledge is demonstrated, and formal studies are successfully completed.
You will be expected to
· provide full range of procurement support services for procurement projects (including high risk/ high value and complex)
· be responsible for your own caseload, delivering procurement projects (including setting up appropriate procurement vehicles) to ensure business needs are met and service continuity is maintained
· Work with senior managers to develop business, departmental and service area level procurement strategies
· On the highest grade you will be expected to take responsibility for providing the procurement and contract advice and support service
· manage up to 2 staff, setting objectives, monitoring performance, and undertaking appraisals
· assist with building capacity across the business for procurement and contract management
· develop and deliver tailored training to staff and residents
· deputise for the Head of Procurement
Our offer to applicants
In return for you choosing to work with us, we will offer you a range of great benefits, including:
· 26 days’ paid holiday each year pro rata, plus 8 bank holidays
· A fantastic career-average pension scheme;
· Salary Sacrifice schemes;
· Amazing commercial discounts, including discounts at many gyms, shops and restaurants;
· Your voice heard through our staff forum and networking groups for women and LGBT staff;
· Newly refurbished offices, with free tea, coffee and fruit, and shower facilities;
· Interest-free season ticket loans.
For this role we will also be offering study sponsorship (study fees, exam leave etc.)
We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) candidates, as these groups are under-represented in this service area. Requests for flexible working arrangements including job share can be considered subject to service requirements.
Under the Two Ticks guaranteed interview scheme Tower Hamlets Homes guarantees to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying, please complete the recruitment application by selecting the 'Apply’ button at the top of this page.
The closing date for this role is on Sunday 14 August 2022 at 23:59.
Short- listing for this role will take place immediately after the closing date. The interviews will be held on week commencing 05 September 2022. If you are not available during this time, we may be able to reschedule, but please indicate any unavailability with your application.
The selection process will include a written test and an interview.
Let’s check all mandatory rules is applied?
Please note that UKHIRED LTD is not registered to provide any immigration advice. Information on our website is taken from the public domain source and therefore might be inaccurate at times. We recommend you always check the official Skilled Worker guidelines available on gov.uk and seek help from a qualified immigration specialist. Our content does not constitute legal advice and is provided for general information purposes only.