Here at Human Appeal we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Seasonal Programmes & Requests Coordinator to join our team based in Cheadle, Greater Manchester (although the role will initially be home-based during Covid-19 restrictions). You will join us on a full-time basis as part of an initial 1-year fixed term contract with a view to progressing into a permanent role. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £30-35k per annum.
Human Appeal is a faith-based charity that aims to abolish poverty by providing humanitarian aid, sustainable development programs and championing advocacy for our beneficiaries worldwide.
As Senior Seasonal Programmes and Special Requests Coordinator, the successful candidate will play an integral role in delivering Human Appeal’s seasonal campaigns (e.g. Ramadan, Qurbani, winter campaign) as well as any special request projects from high net worth donors or community groups (e.g. request to build a community well from a local mosque or school group). We are ideally looking to appoint somebody immediately to this role.
Benefits of joining us as our Senior Seasonal Programmes & Requests Coordinator include:
- 35 days Annual Leave
- Matched pension contribution
- Employee discounts and memberships
- Prayer facilities
- Opportunity to really make a difference!
Key duties and responsibilities of the Senior Seasonal Programmes & Requests Coordinator:
- Design and lead on all of Human Appeal’s seasonal campaigns, including Ramadan, Qurbani and winter campaigns, and special requests
- Oversee the full project management cycle, from implementation to final reporting to donors, for all seasonal campaigns and special requests
- Accurately monitor the income, expenditure and budget for all campaigns
- Provide high-quality and timely feedback reports for donors related to all seasonal campaigns and special requests
- Manage complaints and enquiries related to special requests through working closely with relevant - Field Offices and departments such as Donor Care and Fundraising
What we’re looking for in ourSenior Seasonal Programmes & Requests Coordinator:
- Degree-educated, ideally to Masters level, in a relevant field, e.g. International Development
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Programme Coordination or Management at an INGO
- Experience of delivering seasonal Ramadan and Qurbani campaigns at an INGO
- Experience of managing complex projects involving multiple countries of implementation as well as multiple donors
- Highly organised with demonstrable experience of managing multiple small-scale special request projects at the same time
- Computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft Excel
- Fluent English is essential. Additional languages, e.g. Arabic, Urdu are desirable
- Passionate and knowledge about the international development sector
This would be an ideal role for an experienced Senior Seasonal Programmes and Special Requests Coordinator looking to make a difference in a rewarding role within the Charity Sector!
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis so for the best chance of success please click ‘apply’ today to become our Senior Seasonal Programmes & Requests Coordinator – we would love to hear from you.
A Little Bit About Human Appeal…
We have a high staff satisfaction rating of 4.5 out of 5 on Glassdoor! Here’s why:
What our CEO Says:
“We are faith-based but not faith-specific. We have faith in all of humanity and believe we can achieve great things when we work together. So, come and be part of a dynamic global charity where we celebrate our differences, as well as our common humanity”
Dr Mohamed Ashmawey
What our Staff Say:
“At Human Appeal, each one of us has the opportunity to influence others. If you are prepared to challenge yourself there are no limits, so come and make it happen!”
Simon, Systems and Reporting Manager
“Everyone’s friendly and eager to help. We’re a small team, but everyone has their own thing about them that makes them unique. Someone teaches me something new every day! Everyone is close and we have lunch together. Being a part of Human Appeal is like a second family!”
Eleanor, Volunteers Assistant
What We Have Achieved So Far This Year:
- We have provided emergency aid to 10,770 of the most vulnerable people across Yemen
- We have supported 1,000 Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh
- We have provided 300 refugee families in Jordan with essential winter aid
- We have helped 36,643 people to have enough food to break their fast during Ramadan
- We have collected and distributed 21,124 coats to the homeless in the UK
- We have provided 258 families with emergency food packs in Manchester