This website uses automated algorithms to estimate job visa eligibility and may be incorrect. We recommend you always check the official Skilled Worker Visa guidelines and seek help from a qualified immigration specialist before applying.
Posted on: 12 November 2022
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Accountable to: Directors
Base: Remote / Northampton / London
We help thousands of businesses take care of their food safety and health & safety compliance. From local cafés and bars to national and global restaurant and hotel chains, Food Alert is the hospitality industry’s trusted partner of choice.
With offices split over London and Wellingborough, Food Alert is proud to have been supporting businesses with food safety, health and safety, software and training since 1990. Our clients span many sectors including retail, leisure and education, but hospitality is where our expertise and passion lies. From small, independently owned cafés to brands recognised nationally and internationally, we work across the UK, Europe and the Middle East to bring safety excellence and peace of mind.
Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the Directors on a day-to-day basis you shall be involved with the whole product lifecycle, taking responsibility for your own projects and collaborating with the technical and consultancy teams to design, code, test and implement new mobile, web and desktop applications.
Main Responsibilities/Duties of the Job:
• Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on design, coding and debugging
• Participate in discovery sessions to define new applications and features
• Provide technical guidance and to coach/mentor the technical team
• Write clean code to develop functional software applications
• Troubleshoot and debug applications
• Design unit tests for increased software resilience
• Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve legacy applications
• Collaborate with developers to integrate technology/business layers
• Gather and address technical and design requirements
• Build reusable code and libraries for future use/ scalable software
• Liaise with the development, test, support and consultancy teams to identify new features
• Follow emerging technologies and software trends to future-proof development activities.
• Provide software support to ensure delivery of the SLA agreements
• Participate in governance and implementation of company coding principles and software development principles
Desired and Required Experience
• Experienced in writing reliable, high-quality code for enterprise applications
• Knowledge of the following principles and technologies: Entity Framework, Responsive Design, OO Design
Principles, Unit Testing/TDD, MVC design Pattern, HTML/CSS, Agile Software Development
• Meticulous and a high attention to detail
• High degree of aptitude for problem-solving and creative thinking
We are Food alert, a part of the Citation group. We are far from your average service provider. Our colleagues bring their brilliant selves to work every day and we create an environment where they can shine. We are a nice bunch. We don’t do office politics or "that’s not my job". We listen, support, and take ownership.
The Citation group has been proudly delivering valuable HR and Health and Safety services to SMEs across the UK for over 20 years. Passionate about service, we’re on a mission to revolutionise our colleague’s and clients’ experience by employing brilliant people who are experts at what they do and smile whilst they are doing it.
Working for Food Alert you will have access to 25 days holiday, plus your birthday off work, gym membership discount, healthcare, childcare vouchers, the opportunity to purchase extra leave, pension contributions and more.
It’s a great place to work because of the people we employ. Fun and professional, we want like-minded individuals who love to love their job (no 'Mood Hoovers’ here thanks!) and want the Company to succeed.
So, if our culture sounds like a good fit for you and you want to be part of our success story, then send us your details.
Interested in finding out more? Hit Apply now.
You now have 80 points and can apply for the Skilled Worker visa
Please note that UKHIRED LTD is not registered to provide any immigration advice. Information on our website is taken from the public domain source and therefore might be inaccurate at times. We recommend you always check the official Skilled Worker guidelines available on gov.uk and seek help from a qualified immigration specialist. Our content does not constitute legal advice and is provided for general information purposes only.