32 days ago
Deadline: 22 April 2021
🚫 You must satisy all mandatory requirements
Please note that we are using automated algorithms to check visa rules and may sometimes be wrong.
This information does not constitute legal advice and is provided for general information purposes only.
Join us as Software Developer with one of our Prestigious client.
(Software development and design team) – Glasgow
At Capita, we support clients across a range of sectors, including local Government, central Government, education, transport, health, life and pensions, insurance and other private sector organisations. We support with expertise applied by the talent across our business in combination with technology, insight and analytics to keep our clients ahead of change, sharper than competitors and more efficient than ever – and we always need new talent to help us achieve our goals.
Responsibilities of the post
· Produce high-quality code for:
o New software products
o Escalated 3rd line support
· Ensure project deadlines, milestones and SLAs are met by completing individual tasks on time
· Be able to work with minimal technical assistance
· Be willing and able to learn from the more senior members of the team
· Manage their own individual workloads when work has been assigned
· Ensure that IT development best practices and processes are followed
· Support the senior developer during any project work
· Responsible for keeping skillset up to date with the relevant emerging technologies within the organisation, either by:
o Attending training
o Home learning
o Online courses
· Develop enhancements to existing in-house applications using a range of technologies.
· Be hands-on during all stages of the project lifecycle including proposal, design, development, testing and release.
· Prioritisation of workloads and conflicting demands and knowing when to push back and when to escalate
· Liaise with business stakeholders when required and provide regular feedback when working on a project
· Perform appropriate QA of own work and ensuring the same is carried out by more junior members of the team
· Act as a mentor to help develop more junior members of the team
· Experience with Microsoft .Net Technology including the C# programming language
· In-depth knowledge of SQL Server
· Ability to work to tight deadlines
· Agile Experience
· Customer facing skills
· Excellent Time Management Skills
· Motivated attitude
· Developing innovative software solutions to business problems using relevant technologies
· Integration of 3rd party software solutions to our software ecosystem and troubleshooting issues when they arise
· Responsible for resolving complex software issues which have been escalated by other areas of IT support
· Team player
· Requires interpersonal relations, capacity to influence others, explain difficult concepts to stakeholders. Will also be expected to provide updates in accordance to milestones and deadlines agreed with the business
· Expected to mentor more junior members of the team. This will include such things as business \ development process and technical knowledge
· To work with and assist the senior developer on larger scale projects and help direct the project.
· To take lead on smaller-scale projects either as an individual or with more junior members of the team assigned and to determine the best design pattern to use