Ordnance Survey (OS) is the national mapping agency for Great Britain, and a world-leading geospatial data and technology organisation. Serving government, business, and citizens across Britain and the world, OS helps customers in virtually all sectors improve quality of life and we’re looking for people to join our journey.
- Competitive salary plus performance-related bonus
- Competitive pension
- 37-hour working week (with flexible working options)
- 25 days annual leave (30 days after five years), plus bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
- A suite of excellent additional benefits
About the role:
The role will include daily contact with stakeholders and team members. Code should be written using best practices to ensure it is clean and testable. You will be required to be fully conversant with Agile delivery methodologies and be able to prove a track record of delivering within such an environment. You will also ensure that software is secure and well tested, and you will support and operate the services that you build, identifying issues in production.
- Track record in problem resolution, selection of technical solutions and applications
- Provide fully capable software development and configuration in your area of expertise
- Knowledge of modern engineering best practice like TDD, BDD and Automated Testing
- Proven track record in iterative and incremental development
- Qualified to relevant development certification (or equivalent)
- Exposure to Azure infrastructure would be desirable
Our growing Technology and Design team plays a key role in ensuring OS is at the cutting edge of geospatial capability and is looking for people to join them. Its mission is to work across the business to provide customer-centric design and technology services.
This role will be based at our state-of-the-art Headquarters in Southampton. However, all of our people, where they can, are currently working from home.