We have an opportunity available for a Software Engineer (C#/Python) to join us in a home working role from any location in the UK with the expectation to visit the office when required. This is a full-time, permanent position and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £36,414 - £40,698 per annum plus benefits.
Ordnance Survey (OS) provides national mapping services for Great Britain and is a world-leading provider of geospatial solutions. OS location data and expertise has helped governments make smarter decisions, businesses gain valuable data insight, and everyone experience the world outside for over 225 years.
We offer fantastic benefits in return for joining us as our Software Engineer (C#/Python):
- Competitive salary plus performance-related bonus
- A competitive pension scheme
- 37 hour working week (with flexible working options)
- 25 days annual leave (30 days after 5 years), bank holidays, and an extra 3 days over Christmas
- A suite of excellent additional benefits
About the Software Engineer (C#/Python) role:
Our Technology & Design team is working to develop the next generation of cloud-based systems, that drive our world-leading geospatial and business applications. We have an opportunity for highly motivated Software Engineers to join one of our forward-thinking Agile development teams. This exciting role will challenge you to understand requirements and develop cutting edge solutions for our customers.
With a strong background in delivering at pace to a high standard, experience around Development, Deployment, Debugging, Testing (TDD, BDD), Scaling and Monitoring secure systems is expected. You will have daily contact with stakeholders and team members. We will encourage you to identify opportunities to advocate best practice to Associate Engineers and Technicians in your team.
As a Software Engineer (C#/Python) you will be expected to:
- Be capable of developing, configuring, and deploying production-ready code and systems
- Carry out code inspections and peer reviews to provide assurance of code quality
- Provide 3rd level support for production systems that you have developed
- Continuously maintain and improve your level and currency of technical skills
- Share knowledge and advocate best practice to help optimise team delivery
- Actively participate in development team activities
Our ideal Software Engineer (C#/Python) will have the following skills and experience:
- Software configuration and engineering experience in Python or C# based solutions
- Experience working with Azure DevOps and Azure Cloud Services
- Knowledge of modern engineering best practice and a keen interest in the latest technologies, patterns and trends - CI, CD
- Experience delivering in an Agile iterative and incremental development team
- Problem resolution skills and experience selecting technical solutions
- Qualified to relevant development certification (or equivalent experience)
- Skills in the following would be advantageous: RESTful APIs, Big Data/Machine Learning techniques and working with ESRI tools and/or Geospatial Data
Our growing Technology and Design team plays a key role in ensuring OS is at the cutting edge of geospatial capability and is looking for people to join them. Its mission is to work across the business to provide customer-centric design and technology services.
Join us and you’ll have an opportunity to make an impact. To empower projects that deliver real-world benefits across Britain and internationally. To hear our customers say they couldn’t have done it without us. And to be central to OS’s vision: to be recognised as world leaders in geospatial services; creating location insight for positive impact.
If you would like to be part of this, please click ‘apply’ today to be considered as our Software Engineer (C#/Python) and join a team that lies at the heart of what OS is about.