We have an exciting opportunity for a Software Integration Engineer to join our team in Cardiff
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Hours: 371/2 hour week, with an expectation of 7.5 hours per day
Location: Cardiff (CF10) - this position is primarily office based but you will temporarily be required to work full-time from home due to the ongoing travel and working restrictions. Please only apply if you are able to do so. Once the current restrictions are lifted, this role could be considered on a partial work-from-home basis.
Based in the booming tech hub of Cardiff, Sotic is an award-winning digital agency, providing websites and software applications to the sports industry.
Trusted by some of the biggest names in sport, since 2002 Sotic has been working with leading rights-holders including the Six Nations, World Sailing, England Netball, Tour of Britain Cycling, International Motorsport, Aberdeen FC and Premiership Rugby to deliver cutting edge online experience for sports fans.
Our commitment to exploring and utilising the latest technology and our dedication to providing world-class support to our customers sets us apart from the competition. We pride ourselves on creating an atmosphere of autonomy and our conscientious and committed team enjoys a culture of flexible working and reciprocal support. Our values are quality, innovation and passion and we endeavour to incorporate those values in everything we do!
The core responsibility of the Software Integration Engineer role will be to produce internal software for the Engineering teams as they transition from a monolithic code base to micro-service architecture and on into future projects. The software will primarily be focused on easing the development, use, and monitoring of the software built by the engineering team and may include testing frameworks, monitoring integrations, configuration tooling, and more.
Software Integration Engineer - You Will:
- Work with software engineers to identify and build opportunities to ease friction at all parts of the software development lifecycle
- Update or improve on any tools currently in use
- Perform investigations to compare publicly available software offerings to help guide decision- making
- Have the ability to diagnose technical problems through layers of abstraction and distributed systems
- Work with several multi-discipline teams across the whole organisation
Software Integration Engineer - Core Skills
- Have experience of AWS or other large-scale cloud infrastructure platform
- Have experience with one or more object-oriented programming languages, i.e. PHP, Python, Go
- Have experience of Docker and creating basic Dockerfiles - Have experience of Linux and be comfortable working on the Linux command line
Software Integration Engineer - Desirable knowledge or experience
- Knowledge of PHP testing and profiling - PHPUnit, Blackfire, etc
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines - GitLab-CI, Jenkins, CircleCI, etc - Proficient in at least one scripting language - Python, Bash, etc
The Software Integration Engineer position will be supported by strong software and infrastructure engineers and the successful applicant will participate in conversations on all levels of the software lifecycle, from concept through to everyday use.
If you are interested, please click 'Apply' to send us your CV and something which highlights exactly why you think you'd be a great fit for this Software Integration Engineer role. This could be a covering letter, a video, your portfolio or anything that you feel hits the spot.