4 days ago
Deadline: 24 March 2021
🚫 You do not have enough points for a Skilled Worker visa
Please note that we are using automated algorithms to check visa rules and may sometimes be wrong.
This information does not constitute legal advice and is provided for general information purposes only.
Shape our future as Technical Project Manager
This is an exciting & varied opportunity within the Group Property function. Primarily responsible for providing technical leadership, Management, and development of a diverse UK portfolio, ensuring financial, operational and legislative commitments are met and exceeded We're supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We're now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible.
What you'll be doing:
• Responsible for the effective delivery of mechanical and electrical services project work across the estate.
• Responsible for providing technical guidance and support to the FM team.
• Manage or undertake Pre-acquisition surveys, Forward Maintenance planning, asset collections, building services reports and energy efficiently reports.
• Responsible for project management and delivery of Major Plant replacement projects and providing performance specifications, technical scopes of work and support on all other property projects across the estate. External liaison in relation to Technical FM with relevant stakeholders that may include but are not limited to clients, professional bodies, regulatory bodies and government departments where applicable
• Develop strategic and operational relationships with the Regional and Area FM teams.
• Manage third party supply partners with business focused delivery of contract deliverables based on best practice, energy and efficiency.
• Contribute and delivery of predicted energy saving reporting, arising from replacement MEP systems with a bias on energy efficiency.
• Responsible for the review and sign off, in conjunction with our MEP maintenance providers ARCUS of all MEP O+M information.
• Oversee the maintenance of the operational MEP risk register. Assisting Arcus and the FM team to develop and manage the forward Maintenance Register, examining and recommending priority status for annual FMR spend.
• Support the Regional and Area FM teams with preparing and delivering asset replacement projects as part of a multi-year asset replacement programme.
• Preparing technical Specifications, tender documents, issuing tenders and recommending contract award on all MEP related project works.
• Provide and implement Technical Innovation through a culture of innovative thinking within the FM teams and 3rd party supply partners aligned to energy savings and efficiencies.
What we're looking for:
• Recognised Qualification in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or similar.
• Experience in a similar role, providing technical assistance to an estates team across a diverse portfolio of properties will be of benefit.
• Good technical knowledge as well as the ability to project manage and multitask with minimum supervision.
• Ability to work to a high standard against agreed timescales.
• Experience of Quality Management Systems.
• IOSH or equivalent QHSE training.
• Experience of operation of UPS, Standby Power and Critical Environment Cooling systems
• BMS Controls Experience / HVAC Experience essential.
• Be able to travel for business purposes that may include overnight stays
• Full driving licence
What's in it for you?
• A competitive basic salary and benefits
• Private Healthcare
• 23 days holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
• Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave...and plenty more
• Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
• The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
• Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
• You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
About Capita Plc
Capita Plc are the largest UK management, services, engineering and consultancy employing more than 55,000 staff aligned to providing services to the finance and critical infrastructure sectors and heavily aligned to all levels of government supporting key functions across the UK.
Our breadth of skills, services and reach makes us the UK's top player in delivering management, engineering and development consultancy solutions for our customers.
What we hope you'll do next:
Looking to discover more? Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application and send us your CV. Any questions before taking the next step? You can contact email@example.com for support.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita's offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we're doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees .
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme