The Role: Tranzfar is looking for a dynamic Nigerian financial law and compliance expert who will also fulfil the Chief legal and compliance officer (CLCO) function. who can drive our aggressive financial compliance agenda.
Core functions and accountabilities:
• Legal: Ownership of contractual relationships and contracts, general firm legal risk/exposure. This role is also responsible for building and optimising the firm’s legal architecture and protocols.
• Compliance: Execution of regulatory requirements across regions/products (e.g HMRC (AML), Companies House, FCA, CBN, GDPR etc). This role is also responsible for building and optimising the firm’s compliance architecture and protocols.
• Company secretary: Administration of Board meetings and statutory filings.
• Management: This role sits on the Executive Team which reports into the board via the CEO. There are requirements and expectations around general management duties, shaping firm culture and being a custodian of other firm functions as might be required by the CEO.
• General: Contribution to internal innovation and disruption. The main modes of accountability will be via regular reports, executive team meetings (ETM) and daily operational interactions.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
• Postgraduate law degree, qualified to practise law in Nigeria;
• Experience in corporate and financial services compliance with special emphasis on the Nigerian legal system;
• Good knowledge of English law with particular regard to corporate and financial services compliance;
• Senior level of experience in Nigerian corporate law, financial law and compliance;
• Membership, certifications, accreditations or endorsements from relevant (law, AML, corporate administration and financial reporting) professional bodies.
• Great interpersonal skills, ability to lead and work effectively in teams, ability to work under pressure, ability to switch roles/functions dynamically without compromising delivery.
• Financial services industry experience/exposure.