We have an exciting opportunity available for a Software Engineer (Azure DevOps) to join the team based at our our state-of-the-art Headquarters in Southampton. Due to the current climate, all of our people, where they can, are working from home.This is a full-time permanent position and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £36,414 - £40,698 per annum plus benefits.
Ordnance Survey (OS) is the national mapping agency for Great Britain, and a world-leading geospatial data and technology organisation. Serving government, business, and citizens across Britain and the world, OS helps customers in virtually all sectors improve quality of life and we’re looking for people to join our journey.
We offer fantastic benefits in return for joining us as our Software Engineer (Azure DevOps):
- Competitive salary plus performance-related bonus
- Competitive pension
- 37-hour working week (with flexible working options)
- 25 days annual leave (30 days after five years), plus bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
- A suite of excellent additional benefits
About the role:
Join our established project team as a Software Engineer (Azure DevOps) and work within a collaborative environment to deliver customer requirements at pace and to a high standard.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in delivering solutions, where your knowledge will encompass a wide variety of technologies and languages including ARM templates, Azure Tasks, Bash, PowerShell, Python, SQL, cloud services (Azure) and Azure DevOps. Experience around Deployment, Debugging, Testing, Scaling and Monitoring scalable applications.
The role will include daily contact with stakeholders and team members. Code should be written using best practices to ensure it is clean and testable. You will be required to be fully conversant with Agile delivery methodologies and be able to prove a track record of delivering within such an environment.
What we are looking for in our ideal Software Engineer (Azure DevOps):
- Experience in software development, configuration and engineering
- Experience in designing and implementing Azure DevOps CI/CD pipelines
- An understanding of and an advocate of best practice and patterns to help optimise delivery
- The ability to ensure software is secure and well-tested
- Capability to support and operate the services you build and identify issues in production
- Knowledge of modern engineering best practice like TDD, BDD and Automated Testing
- A proven track record in iterative and incremental development
- A very good track record in problem resolution and selection of technical solutions/applications
- Qualified to relevant development certification (or equivalent)
- Skills in the following would be advantageous: Python, PowerShell, SQL integration, Java
Our growing Technology and Design team plays a key role in ensuring OS is at the cutting edge of geospatial capability and is looking for people to join them. Its mission is to work across the business to provide customer-centric design and technology services.
Join us as our Software Engineer (Azure DevOps) and you’ll have an opportunity to make an impact. To empower projects that deliver real-world benefits across Britain and internationally. To hear our customers say they couldn’t have done it without us. And to be central to OS’s vision: to be recognised as world leaders in geospatial services; creating location insight for positive impact.