Knowing that you’re making a difference to people’s lives is rewarding in itself. But our many roles offer much more than that. As well as helping you grow and develop your talent, we want you to feel proud of where you work and what you do.
A driven and dynamic Nurse? An experienced RMN/RNLD or RGN wanting to return to the profession after a career break? Wanting to make a difference to someone’s life? Ready for a new challenge? Wanting to work with the best nurses in the UK?
If you’ve answered yes to the above then get in touch with our nurse Recruiter Natalie Nash today on 07715 063371 and make the first step towards your exciting future with The Priory.
About the Service
Burton Park is a 50 bedded neurobehavioural locked rehabilitation hospital for patients with acquired brain injury and neuro-progressive conditions. The multi-disciplinary team includes psychology, nursing, occupational therapy, speech & language therapy, physiotherapy, social workers and medical professionals. Burton Park is a member of the Independent Neurorehabilitation Providers Alliance (INPA).Our Staff Nurse role involves:
• As a Staff Nurse you will be working within a transdisciplinary team that includes a range of professional. • Contributing to pre-admission assessment of referred patient • Contributing to the comprehensive assessment of a patient on admission. • Compiling a holistic plan of care in partnership with the individual. • Compiling a positive risk management plan. • Monitoring and reviewing individualised patient plans, within an evidence based framework. • Prioritising, organising, and deploying under direction, resources to meet the requirements of the ward for the duration of a shift. • Committing to the promotion of basic living skills within a Rehabilitation Setting. • Contributing to the delivery of evidence based therapeutic interventions as agreed by the transdisciplinary team. • Managing medication as per hospital policy. • Adhering at all times to the NMC code of professional conduct. • Ensuring that you are up to date with relevant hospital policies. • Treating others with dignity, respect, honesty, integrity and fairness. • Taking charge of the unit as and when is required. • Communicating effectively with the team. • To be fully conversant and comply with current legislation and professional standards. • To be successful for the higher level nurse positions you would be expected to take on a higher level of responsibility in the above tasks; beyond monitoring, reviewing and contributing. Managerial
• Be responsible for the provision of regular supervision sessions and ensure that annual appraisals are completed for allocated nursing staff in accordance with Hospital policy. • To assist in leading and monitoring the performance of the nursing team. • To be able to plan, organise and deploy staff according to competencies and workload in order to meet patient needs. • Act as a mentor for junior staff • Support recruitment of unqualified staff • Ensure thorough inductions are completed for all new and bureau staff. To be successful as a Staff Nurse, you’ll need:
• RMN/RNLD Qualification Skills/Knowledge
• Completion of pre-registration/ Preceptorship • Self motivated • Positive role model • Drive to take responsibility for personal learning and development. • Experience of working in a similar environment and role • A focus on patient centred care • Demonstrable experience of being a team player • Ability to be self-motivated and flexible • For higher level nursing position strong Leadership and management of people skills • Ability to problem solve and have a solution focussed approach. Experience
• Experience of working within an environment with patients presenting as challenging in management. Need to be committed to:
• Personal learning and development. • Evidence based practice. • Values based practice. • Patient centred care. • Team player. • Self-motivated. • Flexible. In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits including:
• Competitive salary • 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 bank holidays increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays with length of service • Extra Service Annual leave awards • Career development – progress across the Staff Nurse grading is via a distinct career path • A contributory pension scheme • Life assurance • Private medical insurance • Personal health insurance • An employee assistance programme • Free meals/refreshments when on duty • Free car parking • Private Dental Cover • Flexible Benefits Packages • £250 Contribution towards CPD • NMC Payment in full • £3,000 Welcome Bonus
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes. HCIndeed@priorygroup.com
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.