Delivery of Business Analysis and design to support Agile and Waterfall delivery approaches • Requirement/User Story Elicitation: As the business-liaison between the delivery team and the stakeholder group the Business Design Analyst will: • Work with multiple stakeholders to elicit functional and non-functional business requirements in the form of User Stories (adhering to the ‘INVEST’ model), including Acceptance Criteria • Ensures that stories are ready for downstream delivery (e.g. Sprint Planning) by meeting quality standards • Deliver pragmatic business and operational design solutions which maximise benefits while achieving desired business outcomes. • Where applicable support the Sponsor, Product Owner and business stakeholders in prioritising User Stories within the Product Backlog
• Delivery Team Representation: • Represent Sponsors/Product Owners during delivery (e.g. development sprints and daily scrum meetings), promoting a high level of collaboration to quickly solve blockers and issues • Facilitate communications to enable Sponsors/Product Owners to Accept or Reject deliverables
• Governance: Ensure all governance, risk management, controls and compliance requirements are considered during development of requirements and designs.
• Manage Change: Develop and implement new business change processes, systems, products and services on a change project, considering interdependencies across features/projects. Review/impact assess the as-is and to-be business/technology context to establish organisational and system change impacts.
• Issue Resolution & Problem Solving: Resolve issues through strong problem solving skills. This involves root cause analysis, engaging people from multiple teams and disciplines where necessary, stakeholder management and strong communication to get to the root of a problem and ensure the correct priority and analyst resources are available to resolve the issue(s).
• Operational Acceptance: Support the business in preparing for the delivery of new (and regularly produced) software by providing demonstrations, screenshots and walkthroughs to enable the creation of training material. Reviewing training materials to ensure accuracy against the design
Agile Business Analysis Personal Development (5%) • Agile/Scrum Methodology Knowledge: Increase Agile and Scrum knowledge by practicing Scrum/Kanban on a day to day basis (e.g. splitting stories, daily scrum meetings etc) , increase knowledge via Product Owners Course (certified by Scrum Alliance), online materials, blogs and agile seminars. • Domain Knowledge: Increase commercial card, payment, E-servicing knowledge through mentors, seminars and online resources.
Colleague Agile Communications (5%) • Communicate the benefits and processes of Scrum/Kanban outside the immediate Technology delivery team, e.g. Product Owner community and other Barclaycard teams on the skills and capabilities required for successful Agile Product Ownership (e.g. User Story writing, acceptance criteria, prioritising, story slicing)
Risk and Control (5%) • All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Person Specification Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications: • Mortgages and Unsecured Lending • Extensive experience of conducting Business Analysis in Agile and Waterfall delivery environment (includes capturing, refining and prioritising business requirements via User Stories and Acceptance Criteria). • Analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills with proactive customer service skills • Influencing / networking – developing internal and external business relationships and using own knowledge, skills and experience to influence others opinions and actions • Professional communications – making oneself understood, sharing information, listening to and encouraging others to get involved
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications: • Certified Product Owner (Scrum Alliance or equivalent) • BCS Business Analysis Certification • Technical knowledge, development experience • Test automation (BDD, Cucumber or similar) « Return to the search results