An opportunity exists within our Global Security & Crisis Management Team for a Crisis Management Analyst to support all lines of business in the EMEA region. Under general supervision, the successful candidate will coordinate, and be responsible for updating plans and maintaining the business continuity program, along with support strategies addressing incident response, crisis management, and travel security.
In addition, this role will provide administrative support across our technology platform (i.e. mass notification system, plan development software, and other technology platforms used for crisis management and incident response). From time to time the role may also provide support to the Global Security Director.
• Answers calls from the Emergency Hotline and responds to incidents and crisis, including out of hours
• Supports the Regional Lead in coordinating the response to serious incidents where needed
• Sends out mass notification messages during incidents / crises on behalf of the business
• Proactively identifies risks or incidents (through research and monitoring e.g. alert systems, news reports, other), and escalates to regional lead, and sometimes directly to the business
• Monitors team mailboxes and responds to queries, escalating to the Regional lead where needed
• Re-certifies plans in line with global policy; developing new plans alongside the Regional Lead
• Maintains department documents such as standards, templates, communications etc.
• Acts as primary point of contact for departments or business lines, supporting their compliance to program requirements as outlined in global policies and standards.
• Prepares regular or adhoc metrics and status updates on program requirements
• Schedules and runs business continuity plan tests and audits
• Runs tabletop exercises with stakeholders across the region
• Provides training on business continuity, crisis management tools, and general preparedness etc.
• Undertakes first level risk assessment for high risk trips in our travel security program
• Supports the Global Programs and Technology Lead in maintaining and updating our technology platform, and with new and ongoing global projects
• Shares the responsibility with the other Regional Analysts e.g. updating global newsletters, developing awareness campaigns, taking minutes at team meetings, and other adhoc shared tasks
• Provides adhoc support to the Regional Physical Security Director on projects within the region
• Out of hours incident and crisis management support will be required
• Previous experience within a Crisis Management function would be advantageous.
• Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with Executive and Senior level staff both verbally and written.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business or a related field or Business continuity certification desired but not required.
• Experience using mass notification software and/or Salesforce, SharePoint or other similar software preferred.
• Experience presenting to an audience or running basic training sessions.
• Must be able to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, memos, and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
• Confident to effectively present information to internal departments and/or large groups of employees
• Uphold consistent and timely oversight of communications and objectives, while maintaining attention to detail.
• Basic knowledge of financial terms and principles.
• Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
• Capable of maintaining a high quality of work during high stress incident situations.
• Willing to present and run basic training sessions to internal stakeholders, support incident / crisis management on a rotational basis out of hours if required.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years and has been named one of Fortune’s "Most Admired Companies" for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year.
CBRE offers a range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.
In central London, CBRE advises on more commercial property than any other adviser and across the United Kingdom with offices in Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, and Southampton.