Salary: £46,319 to £61,175 plus Company Car/Cash Allowance
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time, 37 hours | Flexible Working Options Available
About the Department
Our Commercial and Connections teams are the first point of contact for customers wishing to have a new electricity connection, increase the size of their existing connection, install generation, or move the equipment supplying their property. We're here to help whether our customers are building a single home, housing development, industrial development, generation development or independent distribution network. Our responsibility is to respond to challenging changes in our licence obligations, growing levels of competition and play a key role in progression to a low carbon future.
What is the Role?
As Lead Project Manager, you'll provide leadership and management for the teams within the department ensuring they contribute to the overall success of the department and the company.
You'll use your leadership, organisational, diagnostic and problem-solving skills and will need to be an effective communicator at all levels.
Typical responsibilities associated with this role will include:
- Responsibility for a portfolio of large connections-based projects to ensure new connections works are delivered safely, to target cost, time and the customers satisfaction.
- Responsibility to check and ensure the project managers comply with all licence and regulatory obligations. Identifying and raising areas of concern through the senior management chain.
- Accountability to drive profitability and opportunity through excellent customer service and commercial awareness. Identifying areas of improvement and working collaboratively with the larger connections team.
- Set and drive performance targets managed through KPI's.
- Accountability to carry out day to day management of the project managers to focusing on WIP management, meeting appointments, keeping costs to a minimum and payment claims.
- Manage Service Level Agreements with internal service providers, manage competing demands and escalations.
What do I need?
The ideal candidate for this role will possess the following essential skills and personal attributes:
Essential Functional / Technical Skills
- A degree or professional qualification applicable to Power Networks Distribution (or equivalent business experience)
- Operating knowledge of the requirements for adoptions of large connections i.e. ICP & DG connections
- Sufficient Technical knowledge to comply with Design Authority approval of projects <£100k per PR-NET-ENG-002
- IOSH / CDM qualification (or equivalent business experience) to enable correct application of Safe Working Management Procedures PR-NET-OCS-001
- Sound understanding of the regulatory framework relating to the Networks business.
- Prince 2 practitioner level qualification or working towards qualification (or relevant business experience) for Project / Portfolio Management
Personal Attributes / Competencies
- Sound Leader of people; coaching and mentoring skills, performance management skills.
- Stakeholder management skills - internal and external
- Proactive customer service and performance delivery focus
- Good communication and engagement (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of Distribution Networks and Power Distribution operations up to 33kV
- Knowledge of the Licence Conditions associated with Connections
- An ability to understand and respond to KPI metrics of work output, effectively communicate and engage staff
- Good financial skills including analysis, budget forecasting and budget management
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office
For this role you must have a full, current driving license.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package.
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require submitting your application please get in touch. Please be advised that applications should not be sent directly to this email address. We'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.