At Capita, we support clients across a range of sectors, including local Government, central Government, education, transport, health, life and pensions, insurance and other private sector organisations. We support with expertise applied by the talent across our business in combination with technology, insight and analytics to keep our clients ahead of change, sharper than competitors and more efficient than ever – and we always need new talent to help us achieve our goals.
We are currently recruiting for interesting and exciting positions at the Home Office. The Home Office keeps the UK secure and prosperous; protects its citizens, residents and visitors and their property; and upholds rights, liberties and the rule of law. We lead on immigration and passports, drugs policy, crime and fire policy, counterterrorism and work to ensure visible, responsive and accountable policing in the UK.
The Role of a Project Manager
Your role as Project Manager is to lead/manage the project and the project team. You will be responsible for driving and overseeing the project’s delivery to ensure objectives are clearly defined and achieved within the agreed time, cost and quality constraints. You will have a key role in project governance and working with stakeholders to ensure the agreed project outputs are delivered, enabling benefits to be realised.
• Experience of coordinating multi-disciplinary design/procurement work and driving design/procurement teams to deliver on time.
• Project management or project engineering experience.
• Background in mechanical, electrical, process, systems or civil engineering for large industrial plants.
• Good understanding of the complexity of major projects, including interface management between scope areas.
• Experience of the pre-tender and tender stages of procuring contracts for the design, manufacturing and/or installation of industrial equipment.
• Excellent communication skills in client-facing and contractor-facing situations.
· Previous engineering or project management experience in the nuclear industry.
· Chartered Engineer qualification.
· Formal project management qualification.
· Direct experience of procuring equipment or installation contracts for nuclear power stations.
Typical Role Responsibilities:
· Delivery – Create and lead the project to deliver agreed outcomes within time, cost and quality constraint
· Project Management – Day to day management and leadership of the project and the project team. Provide effective leadership and management controls. Set project controls. Design the project structure and organisation appropriate to stage. Set appropriate delivery methodologies. Manage effective transition between project phases
·Stakeholder Management – Identify and manage stakeholder relationships and need for senior-level support. Manage internal and external relationships as appropriate.
·Risks and Issues – Identify and monitor project risks and issues. Develop mitigating actions and escalate as appropriate. Identify and work with related projects to manage interdependencies
· Governance – Support effective governance and decision making. Provide reporting and engage in mechanisms that hold you, as Project Manager, to account for delivery
·Project Performance and Controls – Cascade vision and translate into delivery objectives for the team. Develop and maintain the Project Plan. Identify and set appropriate Project Controls. Manage performance and report progress to sponsors
We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the very best of luck with your application.