We have an exciting opportunity available for a Senior Auditor to join us based at our HQ in Southampton, however all our people, where they can, are currently working from home. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £33,380 - £37,306 per annum.
Ordnance Survey (OS) provides national mapping services for Great Britain and is a world-leading provider of geospatial solutions. OS location data and expertise has helped governments make smarter decisions, businesses gain valuable data insight, and everyone experience the world outside for over 225 years.
We offer fantastic benefits in return for joining us as our Senior Auditor:
- Competitive salary plus performance-related bonus
- Competitive pension
- Flexible working options including part-time
- 25 days annual leave (30 days after five years), plus bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
- A suite of excellent additional benefits
About the role:
As our Senior Auditor, you will act as a third line of assurance by planning and executing a programme of audits to provide independent, and objective assurance and insight over the adequacy and effectiveness of governance, risk management, and control, to key stakeholders across the business.
This role would normally be based at our state of the art Headquarters in Southampton, however in accordance with Government guidelines, OS are supporting our teams with Working From Home. It is anticipated that a hybrid approach to office / WFH will be adopted in the future. Consideration will be given for the right candidate to work remotely (occasional travel to Explorer House will be required as necessary to support projects).
Key responsibilities of our Senior Auditor will include:
- Supporting the Head of Risk & Assurance in developing and delivering the risk-based internal audit plan
- Being accountable for planning and managing all aspects of internal audit assignments and ensuring that the work meets all quality and professional standards required by the OS Internal Audit Manual
- Supporting continuous development of the internal audit function, including review of the internal audit manual and procedures
- Working with and leading third-party contract auditors
- Communicating audit results to internal stakeholders to ensure outputs are understood and appropriate actions taken
- Following up internal audit recommendations to ensure agreed actions have been adequately addressed by management
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with stakeholders to ensure internal audit work adds value and contributes to strategic decision making in relation to governance, risk, and control
- Conducting special assignments/projects as requested by the Head of Risk & Assurance or senior management responding to emerging business risks
- Promoting and supporting the business with risk management, governance, and control best practice
What we’re looking for in our Senior Auditor:
- Professional accountancy or internal audit qualification (e.g. CMIIA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA)
- Minimum of two years internal audit experience and practical application of current internal audit tools and techniques
- Appreciation of sound risk management and governance practice
- Dynamic, proactive individual
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Able to exercise professional judgement objectively and independently
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills
- Passion for self-development and a thirst for learning
- Unfailingly ethical and honest, demonstrates a high level of integrity, trust, objectivity, and confidentiality
If you are looking for a new challenge, and feel you have the skills and experience to become our Senior Auditor, please click apply now – we’d love to hear from you!