Shape our future as Senior Data Architect / Engineer
Capita Consulting are seeking an exceptional individual to perform the role of Data Architect on a complex data-driven project for the Government.
This highly exciting project will see you working in a cross-disciplined team of other Data Architects, Developers and Testers; and reporting into the Head of Platform. You will be accelerated through the Security Clearance process, which is required for this role,
We are seeking either of the following:
- A senior data engineer who is looking to enhance their core skills and develop data architect capabilities by adding core solution design skills to their portfolio
- A very-hands-on data architect who wants to continue the practical aspects of the role whilst developing their skills and experience working on an iconic government project
This role is a home-based role, but significant time will be required to be spent on site on the South coast of the UK (Portsmouth) We're supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We're now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible.
What you'll be doing:
As Data Architect you will focus on how information moves across the system from one place to another. You will have a high level of Data Integration focus and have a wider understanding of Security, Compliance and Regulations. As a very-hands-on Data Architect you will perform all the core functions of a Data Engineer but supplement this with data-focussed solution design. You will design the logical and physical models of the data from various systems, including the following: data structures; data relationships; data pipelines; and ELT/ETL processes. You should have a good understanding of the basic principles of Data Lakes, Data Visualisation Platforms and the Cloud Architecture services offered by various vendors that support data operations.
We will be requiring strong Data Integration skills and appreciation of Security because we will be moving data volumes from point to point between highly siloed and secure environments.
Given the complexity of the project some solution architecture experience would be very useful, although certification is not required.
A background is the Government/Secure services or having worked on previous type projects is desirable but not essential. It is however critical that you are used to working with data in highly secure and regulated environments.
What we're looking for:
Demonstrable experience of performing many of the following tasks across design, build, DevOps, accreditation and deployment. You should also be able to travel independently.
• Oracle Database Skills (SQL Server also beneficial) Low code solution for Oracle databases • ORDS - Oracle Rest Data Services • Oracle REST API's • Data Migration Project Experience • PL -SQL (programmable SQL) • JAVA Middleware (Tomcat/Glassfish/Weblogic) • Azure Power BI • Palantir Foundry would be desirable or PostGreSQL object orientated data experience
• Liaison with infrastructure owners, Authority, Capita & Government system owners to establish connection, APIs, secure access, infrastructure configuration and accreditation • Engagement with stakeholders to understand and catalogue pre-modernization reports • Discovery of source system data requirements • Define infrastructure requirements for the scheduling engine • Establish data requirements for schedule optimization engine and create a detailed data design • Logical & Physical design for systems data and schedule optimization data - including a mapping document linking source data to requisite schedule data • Design of data structures and data pipeline
• Develop secure folders on appropriate Government IT system to collate reports • Develop data architecture and Infrastructure as Code to stand up Data storage requirement • Develop Infrastructure as Code to stand up a Power BI solution • Build ETL process to pipe data from X to Y in accordance with the logical / physical design created during the Discovery phase • Build of data structures and data pipelines • Unit testing and documentation for data structures, data pipelines, ETL processes and Infrastructure as Code
Configure / DevOps Tasks
• Configure folder structures, logical Excel file locations, access control levels and permissions • Configure data pipelines • Install, configure and set up permissions for Microsoft Power BI • Install and configure scheduling software within on-premise environment • Configure Azure environments (Development, Test, Production, etc.) • Establish environment and source control, and applicable unit testing frameworks
• Define and apply required configuration changes to ensure compliance • Work with Authority to securely accredit the environment so that it can store data that complies with the chosen security level
• Deploy code in a heavily regulated and secured Cloud environment
What's in it for you?
• A competitive basic salary and benefits • Private Healthcare • 25 days holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave • Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave...and plenty more • Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology • The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice • Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform • You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
About Capita Consulting
Capita Plc are the largest UK management, services, engineering and consultancy employing more than 55,000 staff aligned to providing services to the finance and critical infrastructure sectors and heavily aligned to all levels of government supporting key functions across the UK.
Our breadth of skills, services and reach makes us the UK's top player in delivering management, engineering and development consultancy solutions for our customers.
Capita Consulting is a new division created in December 2019 to take a new approach to the market bringing our earned experience from industry and the broad knowledge across the group to provide advice, guidance and our combined expertise to guide and develop unique offerings and solutions to our wide range of existing clients and to develop new streams of revenue.
What we hope you'll do next:
Looking to discover more? Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application and send us your CV. Any questions before taking the next step? You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita's offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we're doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees .
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.