截止时间： 30 January 2021
Senior Support Worker
We want you to get off to the best start with us so we are giving you £250 when you first start with us and then when you are settled in in 6 months’ time we will give you an extra £250 for your hard work!
As a member of our team, you’ll help in supporting and inspiring our young people whilst we support you to learn and gain qualifications within care.
We currently have a vacancy at our home near Watton in Norfolk for a Senior Residential Support Worker. Our residential children’s home near Watton in Norfolk offers support for young people with Social Emotional Behaviour Disorders, Learning Disabilities and Autism. We can accommodate up to 6 young people both male and female between the age of 11 and 18. The home operates 24 hours a day and is open 52 weeks per year.
Our Senior Residential Support Workers get involved with:-
• Supporting the management to run a successful staff team and all day to day operations of the home.
• Assisting the management team with the supervisions of junior staff
• Inducting new staff into the homes procedure and culture.
• Ensuring the highest standards of care in relation to the young people’s physical, behavioural and emotional needs.
• Assist management with the writing and maintaining of placement and risk management plans, review reports etc.
• Be the young person’s champion and as part of the wider team strive to ensure that they achieve their aspirations and full potential.
• Manage the well-being and behaviour of young people ensuring behaviours are addressed promptly and sensitively.
• Support young people in daily activities include family contacts, shopping, outdoor and indoor activities, and community youth groups, promoting independence and social behaviour.
• Support and encourage educational engagement.
• Safeguard both young people, staff and the general public.
It is an essential requirement of this role that the successful candidate will hold a Level 3/4 Diploma in Children & Young People's Workforce. Due to the location of our home it is essential that you are a competent driver and have held a licence for a minimum of three years.
What we'd like from you:
• Excellent communication skills
• Effective organisational capability
• Great team player
• Flexibility to respond to the changing needs of those who we support
• Strong "can do" attitude.
The young people we support may display a range of behaviour that could result in a challenge for them and others around them. The emotions and behaviours the young people feel and present with could result from an array of life experiences and challenges that they have endured, so we are looking for people who can can work to our ethos of promoting an environment that is caring, nurturing, compassionate and safe.
We are committed to providing an environment and culture which reflects the positive aspects of a family home and where young people have the opportunity to experience being a valuable contributor to the home
Shifts are generally 08:00 - 23:00 or 15:00 - 23:00 any combination of Mondays - Sundays.
• Priory Perks reward and discount scheme
• Comprehensive induction
• Pension scheme
• We cover the cost of your enhanced disclosure check
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Commitment to your ongoing training and career progression
• Employee recognition scheme.
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references may be requested prior to interview for roles within our schools.About us
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.Disclosure
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Education and Children's services will cover the cost of a DBS.
#LI-NK1« Return to the search results