Purpose The role of Support Manager requires a tenacious, highly organised, motivating and innovative individual, able to work in a fast paced target driven environment to support people with multiple barriers to move into sustainable employment. Our Support Managers are highly self-motivated individuals who manage a complex caseload of participants to empower them in to sustained employment. With a positive can do attitude they are adept at brokering and sustaining exceptional relationships through reverse marketing with a myriad of employers and community organisations and stakeholders selling the benefit of work, whilst always putting the participant at the heart of every opportunity they create. Working on a payment by results contract it is essential Support Managers are able to work in a fast paced targeted driven environment, where prioritisation of own workload and exceptional time management skills are demonstrated daily to ensure effective caseload management, working to deadlines and achieving both KPI and target expectations in a peripatetic setting in the communities they work. This role is perfect for individuals with proven experience of working in a sales based or high target driven environment, whilst being people focussed and who get real reward in empowering and creating positive change in our participants lives. Personality, positivity, strong communication and organisational skills are key. Are you right for the job? • Do you have a strong track record in exceeding targets and KPIs in a fast paced environment? • Are you people focussed with exceptional communication and organisational skills? • Are you adept at prioritising competing demands with a positive can do approach? • Are you able to broker and sustain effective working relationships with employers and other community stakeholders to create opportunities for the participant you work with? • Can you independently manage a complex caseload of participants positively overcoming multiple barriers to employment on an outreach basis in the communities you will operate in? • Are you a local area expert, with strong knowledge of services and employers and support available in your community? • Do you motivate people, work well in a team and stay focused under pressure? • Are you prepared to travel regularly to support participants, and effectively manage your diary to achieve this?
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensure achievement against service delivery KPIs, targets and outcomes. 2. Engaging participants referred to the Work and Health programme, assessing their support and development needs and working with them to co-produce an action plan (PIAP) into sustainable employment
3. Ensure real time updating of the PEPs database system to ensure quality interventions are recorded and that reporting and management information data is effectively utilised to ensure a quality journey of support
4. Brokering and sustaining excellent working relationships with Key local stakeholders to support Participant development at all stages of their journey in to sustained employment from JCP, to Employers and other community based organisations, creating positive outcomes for our participants, whilst ensuring non duplication of support.
5. Undertake in-work support activities to ensure an individual is able to maintain their employment, identifying and overcoming any risk to achieving this to ensure sustained employment is achieved. 6. Independent, effective caseload management through organising and coordinating a varied timetable of activities, including one to one meetings, job clubs, group sessions and other innovative interventions to progress participant caseload to work ready and in to sustained employment bespoke to their needs
7. Supervise and guide the volunteers in order to provide participants with additional support to access community provision, thereby creating a ‘circle of support’. 8. Ensure the use of Time Credits as a tool to engage and develop participants through volunteering in the local community. 9. Be fully responsible for all tasks related to journey / case management function including maintaining effective and efficient administrative procedures, prioritising and producing appropriate records and reports. 10. Ensure safe working practices are maintained as set out within Shaw Trust’s policies/procedures as well as operating within service guidelines when participants require crisis support. 11. Maintain an up-to-date working knowledge of the local labour market, training opportunities and relevant support agencies particularly health and wellbeing service providers 12. Maintain up to date knowledge of the benefit system and entitlements. 13. Provide a quality service which meets contractual requirements 14. To encourage client feedback and user involvement as directed. « Return to the search results